Author Topic: Release the beast  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Release the beast
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:34:15 am »
This weekend could possibly see a real-life version of the popular film The Purge being carried out by people seeking to emulate the movie. Details have emerged about the threat of a real scenario based on the film, and there have multiple fliers threatening purges around the country as well. The so-called Louisville, KY purge is scheduled to begin this Friday night and continue until Saturday morning. This is according to fliers that have been posted at various locations around Louisville. The rumors began on social media, specifically Twitter, with the threats flying around the site, which is most popular with teens. Police quickly took notice and, while they hold out hope that the whole thing is a prank, they say the promise of a real-life purge is no laughing matter.

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-stories/purge-real-life-details-emerge-multiple-threats-around-u-s/14685/

http://m.wlky.com/news/police-respond-to-concerns-over-potential-violent-crime-spree/27465552

Police in both Louisville and Jeffersonville, Ind., said they are aware of the "Louisville Purge" threats circulating on Twitter and will have officers ready to respond.
In the movie, a mob kills people during a fictitious 12-hour period where all criminal activity becomes legal.
Louisville police spokesman Sgt. Phil Russell said the police "take any threat that would incite violence on our community seriously."
He said their investigation has not identified any specific threats; they have only come across general information that goes along with crime that happened in the movie.
However, Russell said with the trend in the nation of mob violence and violent outbreaks, "it would be prudent for us to monitor it and to be ready for any possibility."

Release the beast

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Release the beast
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:45:47 am »
Let's hope nobody dies.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:39 am »
You know you're creatively bankrupt when your source of inspiration is a shitty Michael Bay movie. Let's also not forget a healthy dose of classic pants on head retardation when you plan relies on the police ignoring your antics when in the real world, they'll be doing the exact opposite of that.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:11:57 am »
This better be a stupid viral marketing scheme or trolls from SA or something.

I saw this earlier as someone is spamming 4chan with threads about it. I doubt that this will get any rape-burn-pillage mobs out and the worst case scenario is someone getting paranoid over this and shooting at people they think are a threat.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 10:40:27 am »
The difference here between real life and that stupid movie is that crime is still illegal no matter how much they want to call it a purge.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 12:01:30 pm »
Other than the one guy in the sequel wearing that mask, how is this a religious topic? Or are you referencing the common argument that everyone would act like this if atheism were widespread?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 04:26:39 pm »
What a pile of twaddle.  Why react every time teens try to provoke?  It's what teens do.  In the real world these acne cases couldn't purge a comatose person afflicted by constipation.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:06 pm »
@ Old Viking: I am willing to bet good money people said something similar about Harris and Klebold, and look where it got them.

Well, it looks like tonight's the night - lets see what, if anything, happens.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 05:22:26 pm »
This is pathetic. Probably a couple teens thinking they're so hilarious trying to scare people.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:07 pm »
The best part is they think the cops are gonna go along with this.

Ironbite-nah kid...they won't.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 10:59:28 pm »
7:55 - WE SHALL NOW COMMENCE THE ANNUAL PURGE - FOR 24 HOURS, ALL CRIME IS POORLY INVESTIGATED, AND DETROIT WILL SIMPLY BE ITSELF /computermonotonefromthemovie/

In all seriousness, now that I'm thinking about it, I doubt anyone will do anything tonight they wouldn't have done any other night in Lousville.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 11:30:12 pm »
Hof's been trolling tumblr users with that shit.

Ironbite-and he called me a queer.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:51 am »
Wait, isn't inciting extreme violence in Detroit, oh, I dunno, the very definition of redundant?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:09 am »
Hof's been trolling tumblr users with that shit.

Ironbite-and he called me a queer.

Ive been having so much fun
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 11:58:29 pm »
This better be a stupid viral marketing scheme or trolls from SA or something.

I saw this earlier as someone is spamming 4chan with threads about it. I doubt that this will get any rape-burn-pillage mobs out and the worst case scenario is someone getting paranoid over this and shooting at people they think are a threat.

Oh, don't you worry. It is a hoax.

I feel like the only who has bothered to even attempt to debunk this with proof and confirmation.