Author Topic: Here's an Endurance Test for Y'all.  (Read 13303 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Here's an Endurance Test for Y'all.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:52 am »
0.06 seconds
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
1. Clicked on link
2. Saw title in tab
3. Close tab
4. Delete video from history
5. ???
6. PROFIT!
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Toothygrin

• Neonate
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 01:10:43 am »
Saw "Ken Hovind" and immediately hit the back button.  Couldn't even let it buffer beyond the title page.  ew ew ew ew gedditoff gedditoff GEDDITOFF!!!!!!!!
 :o

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 12:57:17 am »
Saw the title. Saw that the video was two hours long. Stared blankly while I said "Two hours!?" to myself, then clicked out of the tab before even seeing who it was. Then I read part of the transcript Wytch posted. Got as far as the "definitions of evolution" (never mind that four of the six don't exist and the last two are the same thing). Someone please confirm for me that this man's Doctorate is either bullshit and imaginary or in a completely different field.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:32 am »
Someone please confirm for me that this man's Doctorate is either bullshit and imaginary or in a completely different field.
It's technically legit, but it's from a diploma mill. In practice it's just a doctorate in paying tuition fees.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 12:49:42 am »
Someone please confirm for me that this man's Doctorate is either bullshit and imaginary or in a completely different field.
It's technically legit, but it's from a diploma mill. In practice it's just a doctorate in paying tuition fees.

So, its legit, but not credible?
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 12:58:20 am »

Yup

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:09 am »

Yup

Huh. Not sure if I'd rate that as more humorous as if the doctorate was a load of shit or not.
Who needs a signature?

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 06:22:36 pm »
Well, a diploma mill doctorate is a load of shit, really. You should check out Hovind’s dissertation.

But in any case, it takes a little bit more effort to detect a diploma mill degree than it does to discover a totally fake degree, I think. That would make the diploma mill degree marginally more dangerous, and therefore marginally less humorous. But that’s me.
-A Pen Name

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »
Well, a diploma mill doctorate is a load of shit, really. You should check out Hovind’s dissertation.

But in any case, it takes a little bit more effort to detect a diploma mill degree than it does to discover a totally fake degree, I think. That would make the diploma mill degree marginally more dangerous, and therefore marginally less humorous. But that’s me.

I fucking love WikiLeaks. xD
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 08:09:17 pm »

I fucking love WikiLeaks. xD

I just love how the fact that the dissertation had to be treated as a leak in the first place says so much about Hovind’s alma mater.
-A Pen Name

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 10:56:48 am »
Sadly I think I win the prize here.

Before I lost my religion I was part of a home cell, and we had 2 weeks of watching hovind. Even I could tell it was absolute bullshit with just high school science. I was still studying at the time and not as readily interested in doing research. I think what bugged me the most was that the other members of the cell were so scientifically illiterate that they A: couldn't see what was wrong, and B: chose to just accept it because it fitted their world view and felt that everything suddenly made more sense. I didn't say anything, at that point in my life I was starting to question and didn't want to rock the boat.

But yeah I have easily an hour + under my belt.