Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155889 times)

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2017, 12:31:45 pm »
Now I realize that you are right about their articles, but it didn't used to be like that - I don't remember it being quite so bad when I first came,

It probably wasn’t that bad. However, all such blogs tend to migrate toward where the action is happening. Even these days their articles on Boko Haram has zero comments. Indian Curfew zero, Occult-Related Crime Unit zero.
Yeah, the entire point of the site is to promote a far-right, socially conservative agenda. Which, to them, is either synonymous with, or more important than, actual Christianity.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #376 on: August 27, 2017, 01:42:03 pm »
It probably wasn’t that bad. However, all such blogs tend to migrate toward where the action is happening. Even these days their articles on Boko Haram has zero comments. Indian Curfew zero, Occult-Related Crime Unit zero.

Regarding the "occult" though, they do include Catholics in that category whenever they can.  They HATE Catholics.  Especially Oboehner.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:46:54 pm by Jocasta »
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #377 on: August 29, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »
I have had every single one of my posts deleted.
Am I banned?
I've never had them do every one before.
Shows they do not want my telling other people about the Loving God, I guess.

Well that clears off my calendar lol!

I do not get a notice? Is there anything that will tell me if I am banned.

I'm suspecting Doug Barlow is a moderator, or a friend of his.

So if anyone sees this, let me know what you know about this situation Please!
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #378 on: August 29, 2017, 08:28:10 pm »
Sharon, try responding to a post that't there.  If it posts, you are not banned.  If you get a red banned telling you that you are banned, that's how you'll know.

They deleted a lot of stuff today.  But it doesn't necessarily mean you are banned.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #379 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »
A lot of my posts got deleted as well. Means, most likely, they don't have a response. Time to see if I'm out and out banned.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #380 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »
I have had every single one of my posts deleted.
Am I banned?

So if anyone sees this, let me know what you know about this situation Please!

It certainly looks like you were banned. All your post for the last month are gone.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #381 on: August 30, 2017, 03:38:08 pm »
Yup I'm banned.

Alas, how will I ever survive not being able to fight with Amos? ;D

Any ideas on how long the ban will be?  :-[

I'd love to find out why, I am not rude nor am I one to curse, no matter how much I want to sometimes.

Oh well, If I ever get back on, I will have a lot of scriptures to help support what I have been saying. I figured I might as well work on those since I can't post.

Thanks guys for letting me know.  ;)
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #382 on: August 30, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
Yup I'm banned.

Alas, how will I ever survive not being able to fight with Amos? ;D

Any ideas on how long the ban will be?  :-[

I'd love to find out why, I am not rude nor am I one to curse, no matter how much I want to sometimes.

Oh well, If I ever get back on, I will have a lot of scriptures to help support what I have been saying. I figured I might as well work on those since I can't post.

Thanks guys for letting me know.  ;)

I guess they ban people for not being "their kind of Christian" now?  Because, yeah, I don't see any other reason you of all people would  be.  None of my recent posts seem to have been touched....but, for one thing, I haven't been TOO active there lately.  And, anyway, I seem to be good at not provoking their ire too much.  But really, I am baffled how someone like you is and I am not. 

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #383 on: August 30, 2017, 09:17:29 pm »
Hmm....well, I guess I'll have to see if my latest post gets deleted, as it was rather critical of Christian News Network itself, or whoever wrote their story, anyway.  There's a story about the Chilean president seeking to legalize gay marriage.....but they can't make it that simple, no, gotta throw the good ol' "scare quotes" in there, of course.  I just wonder about "scare quotes" around "legalize" as well as "gay marriage".

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #384 on: August 30, 2017, 09:52:05 pm »
There's a story about the Chilean president seeking to legalize gay marriage.....but they can't make it that simple, no, gotta throw the good ol' "scare quotes" in there, of course.  I just wonder about "scare quotes" around "legalize" as well as "gay marriage".

And since Chile is a South American Catholic country, I'm surprised they didn't find a way to mention the "pope".
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »
And since Chile is a South American Catholic country, I'm surprised they didn't find a way to mention the "pope".

I forget now, do they even say "pope"?  They say some crap about him being "known as Francis" and insist on calling him Bergoglio or however you spell that.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #386 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:02 pm »
Yup I'm banned.

Any ideas on how long the ban will be?  :-
Probably forever.

Because you said things they didn't want to hear. It doesn't matter that those things are true. In fact, it's probably worse that they are. Their ideology requires them to suppress everything they disagree with, including demonstrable reality. If reality intrudes on what they want to believe, then reality needs to go.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #387 on: August 30, 2017, 11:21:42 pm »
Quote from: KingOfRhye

Posted at CNN as part of Nashville Statement.
               "WE DENY that the Lord's arm is too short

So to slowdown my eventual ban, I'll post my response here.
Does this mean God was required to undergo a "short arm inspection?"

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2017, 08:45:05 am »
Should have known, I guessed.....my comments (critical of Christian News Network) were promptly deleted.

And in further news, I STILL can't make sense of that "predestination" thing Amos believes in....which part of that "Nashville declaration" he posted would seem to contradict.  Or at least it would seem that way to me.   ???
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:50:00 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:15 am »
Should have known, I guessed.....my comments (critical of Christian News Network) were promptly deleted.
And in further news, I STILL can't make sense of that "predestination" thing Amos believes in....which part of that "Nashville declaration" he posted would seem to contradict.  Or at least it would seem that way to me.   ???

Jocasta, Amos doesn't understand about predestination. He thinks that they will attain Salvation because the Lord chose them to be his "Elect" and that is anyone who believes in Christ. He doesn't understand that some people leave the faith, after believing, and that they are not part of the Elect anymore. He thinks those people would still end up saved, from what he told me.

Predestination isn't just about who will believe in Jesus. It's about God knowing who will believe and who won't, but it's about the growth involved in getting closer to God in an individual relationship. It's about strengthening our faith through trials, and our trust in God to take care of us. If we don't trust Him to take care of us, it will be a sign of the lack of faith, and he will want to help you strengthen your faith. If you give up then obviously you are not one of the chosen "elect" that Amos thinks will be saved anyway.  Predestination is also the belief that Jesus has a destiny planned for each one of us, and he wants us to grow until we fulfill it. Some are big things, some are small, but we all are supposed to believe that he will take care of us. That's where a lot of the posters get mad at me because I have told them they have to trust God about the world, because we as Christians have no way to change what is happening. They think they are supposed to get involved with other people's sin (rebuking) and that's their main focus. They don't take care of their own salvation at all. They think that the grace that is offered is flat out grace for all sin, and it's not. The grace he offered is for past sins forgiven when we believe, and sins that are repented for afterwards. Baptism of water is the baptism of repentance. Amos doesn't understand that or that the bible showed us that we need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Amos is a follower. He has been told "this" and he believes "this" and won't look into whether or not the bible actually supports what it says. He is quite happy to let someone else take care of his salvation, and believe what they tell him to believe.
That's why some of the things he says he can't support without going off track. If he doesn't have the answer now, he "ignores".