Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156382 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #600 on: March 19, 2018, 09:38:28 am »
I have that add-on for Firefox that lets you see how many downvotes your comments get on Disqus...it seems like every one of my comments gets exactly one downvote.  Like it could be a completely innocuous comment, like I could say that it's a nice day outside or something, and someone will downvote it.  Kinda makes me think it's one particular person doing that just because they don't like me.  Oh well, I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it, anyway.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #601 on: March 19, 2018, 11:35:34 am »
Hmm, I say, hmmm.

On the subject of downvoting, my best advice is:  what’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

It is, after all, the ONLY existing way I know currently of showing Lady Checkmate that you disagree with her, hate her guts, and that she’s full of shit, which SHE CANNOT CENSOR.  Of course, it has to be a completely anonymous account which she can’t see in anyway otherwise she bans you and then you can’t downvote.  But I know she hates those downvotes with a passion and privately seethes with anger that she can’t do anything about them.  Which makes them great fun.

Likewise, it’s therapeutic to downvote Amos when he’s said something incoherent or Guest Verified when he’s trying to goad you into saying something angry with a smirking insult.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:59 pm »
Fuck, I've just about had it with Guest.  I said something about Reason2012 copy-and-pasting stuff (since he says the same damn thing all the time about how atheists and LGBT people are all really Muslims), and then Guest jumps on that, first saying he "caught me" cut-and-pasting things.  First of all, I didn't.  Second, he didn't "catch" a damn thing.  All he did was accuse me of it a few times, with nothing to back it up.  Then I was talking to him about that, and said the closest I actually came to that was paraphrasing a few lines from a Wikipedia article.  Now he's going around saying I admitted to what he accused me of.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2018, 08:26:36 pm »
Yep, that's his game.  The point is he knows he hasn't caught you at anything but wants to anger you.  He taunts with his little smileys after each insult.  He's unbearable.  I can see Christian News Network not banning Amos because he's too stupid to know which way is up but this guy is a major game player and troll and he should have been gone ages ago.  I think we should all start reporting him when he crosses any reasonable line.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2018, 08:42:15 am »
I was just going to make a comment to LadyInChrist, something in response to her (just like Lady Checkmate) accusing people of being sock puppets.  But then I thought, oh what's the damn point, all she's going to do is tell me she's praying for me.  Or is it praying at me....

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2018, 11:36:33 pm »
She has "praying for Bob Rumba" right in her profile quote!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #606 on: March 24, 2018, 08:24:29 am »
This story on Christian News Network really annoys me for some reason....

http://christiannews.net/2018/03/19/fire-destroys-south-carolina-home-but-bible-remains-intact-among-rubble/

This is supposed to be some sort of "miracle" or something, I guess.  This couple's home, along with their two dogs (one of which was a service dog for their autistic son, by the way) was destroyed in a fire, but they found that just about the only thing that emerged unscathed was their Bible.  I just think it would have been a much more impressive miracle if the dogs made it out, or the home wasn't completely destroyed, or something like that....not like it's a hard thing to get a new Bible, you know? 

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2018, 09:07:45 am »
Reminds me of that old meme...

https://goo.gl/images/9iBtLQ

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2018, 09:41:38 am »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:08 pm »
Just when I think my conversations with Guest couldn't possibly get any worse....

We got on the subject of the bakeries in CO and OR, you know, the ones that wouldn't bake the "gay wedding cakes"...and according to him, that's part of Christians being "treated the same way the Jews were treated at the start of Nazi Germany."

Is this guy fucking kidding me with this shit???

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #610 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:46 pm »
Forbidding businesses from discriminating is pretty much antithetical to Nazism.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2018, 11:41:14 am »
He’s over the top with everything else and loves conspiracy theories, so no surprise he should get Godwinesque on us.

He even accused someone of being “Peewee” the other day, so he clearly drinks the Lady Checkmate Kool Aid.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #612 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:15 am »
He’s over the top with everything else and loves conspiracy theories, so no surprise he should get Godwinesque on us.

He even accused someone of being “Peewee” the other day, so he clearly drinks the Lady Checkmate Kool Aid.

He actually used the word "gaystapo".... ::)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #613 on: March 28, 2018, 09:29:23 am »

He actually used the word "gaystapo".... ::)

Does he cite The Pink Swastika?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2018, 04:56:38 pm »
Does he cite The Pink Swastika?

Yes he does!  And also Hidden Hitler.