Author Topic: Satanist using "religious freedom act" to fight abortion laws  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/missouri-satanist-72-hour-waiting-period-for-abortions-violates-my-sincerely-held-religious-beliefs/#.VUJzMvP1pUQ.facebook

Mainly, they claim that the 72 hour waiting period is there only to discourage people from getting abortions (well, it is) and that it is a violation of his religious freedom.

“The waiting period is another facile and insulting attempt at making abortion services less available,” Greaves said. “With a dearth of abortion clinics, some women are made to travel a great distance for services they then have to wait three days to receive, adding the expense of accommodations and time away from work.”

This is what happens when people make poorly worded laws like the Religious freedom act. Those goddamn infidels and heretics also get to use the same laws and make mockery of justice. If only they were honest and simply wrote the laws to clearly state that only Christians get to benefit from them. And only certain types of Christians at that, they probably don't want some damn papists or Orthodox Christians to benefit from religious freedoms... /sarcasm

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Satanist using "religious freedom act" to fight abortion laws
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:34:08 pm »
And this is what happens when Smart People get involved with laws.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:50:34 am »
Aw c'mon.

If the lawmakers who penned that trainwreck thought this through they'd come to the realization that other religions exist.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:01:54 am »
Aah, but Tol, Christianity isn't a religion, its a crucifix fetish relationship with god.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 09:39:02 am »
Aah, but Tol, Christianity isn't a religion, its a crucifix fetish relationship with god.

If a man has a relationship with Jesus that is given special consideration under the law, is that same-sex marriage?
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 10:06:44 am »

If a man has a relationship with Jesus that is given special consideration under the law, is that same-sex marriage?

Makes me think of the song Christian Woman by Type O Negative.  Such a shame that Peter Steele died, man was a genius.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 08:38:07 pm »

Makes me think of the song Christian Woman by Type O Negative.  Such a shame that Peter Steele died, man was a genius.

His other band Carnivore were great as well.

GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

Srsly though, how fantastic would it be if the fucking Satanists help take down this bullshit law? the right-wing tears would be delicious.