Author Topic: October 2017 Check In and Donation Request  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
October 2017 Check In and Donation Request
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:08 am »
Hello everyone,

I am writing on behalf of Digibase Operations, the organization that hosts these forums. I wanted to take an opportunity to check in and also since we're a donations-driven organization, to request your help to keep us online and serving you.

Firstly, checking in. If there's any outstanding significant operational issues with the forums to note, feel free to note them in this thread and I'll ensure they're investigated and corrected. That said, last month we were experiencing an operational incident with our upstream provider that saw packet loss and high lag events. This was due to an errant software update issued by our upstream provider that caused an equipment malfunction. I have ensured that this is corrected at the time of this writing.

Secondly, donations. Given we're a small organization, we rely upon donations because unlike many other organizations online, we don't sell any user or client data or make it available to any third parties in order to seek revenue nor do we run advertisements. We do this to ensure you have a secure, privacy-enabling platform to use, marketing and advertising infringes upon that. However this comes with a caveat, we rely heavily upon donations to keep us online. If you're able to, please donate via paypal to kxeron@digibase.ca or the "Donate To Us" button at https://digibase.ca/Donate_To_Us . This month we need 230 CAD or roughly 185 USD at current conversion rates. Every little bit counts.

**Update 4 October, 13:54 EDT:** We have 76.74 CAD, leaving 153.26 CAD or roughly 125 USD remaining needed.

Thank you and Securely,
K. Xeron.
Executive Director, Digibase Operations.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:55:57 pm by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: October 2017 Check In and Donation Request
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:17:20 pm »
Donated. Thanks for all your work.
Σא