Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 05:19:10 am »
Fact is, Americans would rather have cheap oil and other resources over foreigners having the same rights and freedoms that they have. As such, propping up dictatorships in exchange for cheap shit is a great way to win votes.

Hell, the eve-popular issue of gas prices comes up in pretty much every election, with each candidate promising to bring them down as low as possible. How exactly do you think they accomplish that in the first place? Certainly not through fuel subsidies.
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 04:00:35 am »
You can disprove all US claims about standing for freedom and liberty and democracy and human rights and all that crap with six words.

Mohammad Mossadegh.

Salvador Allende.

Saudi Arabia.
« Last post by Eiki-mun on Today at 03:57:43 am »
To be quite honest is there even a reason to be proud of America?

We claim to stand for freedom of speech unless people are using their freedom of speech against the right wing, apparently. We claim to stand for democracy but have stood with Saudi Arabia for years, and our current elected head of state's favorite people are Duterte, Erdogan and Putin. Really, if you think about it, pretty much everything positive that we claim to stand for, we really just lie about and do what serves the interests of whoever's in office instead. Quite honestly asking here, but why should I be proud of living in this country?

Truth be told, I'd be much more proud to live in Germany or Sweden or the Netherlands than here. Hell, after 1945, even Japan has a much better record, and that's factoring in their refusal to apologize for much of anything.
I have no objections to finding a new venue, but not there. It is a single focus topic and as you point out disagreement isn’t tolerated. No point crafting a logical response to any comment I saw over there. I also doubt there are any on-the-fence readers. We would not be providing added value to the uncommenting silent readers.

The place is just an echo chamber.
« Last post by Cloud3514 on Today at 03:17:49 am »
There's also the circular reasoning. Soldiers fought and died for your right to protest, so don't disrespect them by protesting because they fought and died for your right to protest.
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 12:58:03 am »
And anyway, just look at the crowd during these games. During the anthem, at least half of them are getting a beer, taking a leak, or chatting with their friends. Even sitting or kneeling quietly is, frankly, more respectful than that, especially when that anthem represents a system of government which enshrines and entrenches the right of peaceful protest. (If we think anthems and flags and such deserve respect.)
Religion and Philosophy / Re: The world will end on Saturday
« Last post by Skybison on Today at 12:42:46 am »
So if anyone's wondering why we are still alive, the guy who made the prediction backtracted it and said that Planet X only past us by, and will cause several weeks of Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Volcanoes etc.

« Last post by Id82 on Today at 12:28:37 am »
Kaepernick feels he can't respect a flag when he as a race isn't respected or safe in the country he lives in.
Anyway Trump is not the fucking emperor of the United states and it's none of his business who chooses to stand kneel lay down during the anthem. He needs to keep his fucking mouth shut.
Religion and Philosophy / Anyone want to stir up crap on Live Action News?
« Last post by Jocasta on September 24, 2017, 11:42:05 pm »
This is the home of the notoriously awful WorldGoneCrazy.  They are focused on one subject here, and one subject only, and that's abortion.  But if you are in any way deemed to be a fence sitter on the subject, they gang up on you and call you a pro abort and WGC in particular will delight in calling you no better than a slave trader and a Jew gasser.

So not for the faint at heart, but if you want to sharpen your claws you could do worse.  I'll head over too but I'm not going without at least one other person.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/liveactionnews/abortion_is_lucrative_says_planned_parenthood_worker_in_one_day_i_could_buy_a_car/#comment-3534021030
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Why I'm Not Going Back to Christian News Network
« Last post by Jocasta on September 24, 2017, 11:40:01 pm »
Maybe you can stay connected to us via Live Action News, home of WorldGoneCrazy.  See my new thread (which I'm about to write).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10