Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by dpareja on January 20, 2018, 12:19:22 pm »
We are gonna have a Government Shutdown because the Orange Piss Pot can't let go of his wall but will let go of CHIP.  Oh they'll try to blame the Dems for this but most of the GOP knows it's gonna be hollow blame considering they control the Government.

Ironbite-and with Trump's prediction of only a terrorists attack being able to save the GOP come November, I'm a bit scared.

This is seriously like something out of the Dark Knight: one boat with Dreamers and one boat with CHIP recipients, and Trump has given Schumer a button to blow up one of the ships...

Fuck, I just realized my Avatar his Harley Quinn and I described Trump as The Joker. Just ignore that, this simile isn't perfect.

Which is why the Dems should also be insisting on entrenching Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, and legislatively restoring net neutrality. (The latter is pretty likely, since plenty of Republicans support it.) For that matter, repeal of federal criminal law on marijuana (or at a minimum a ban on the use of federal resources to enforce marijuana laws in states that have repealed their criminal laws on the matter) is another one that can win Republican support (just look at Cory Gardner's reaction). Ask for all of that, and you'll get some of it.

Anyway, the GOP was particularly cruel with CHIP, because previously there had never been an issue reauthorizing it, until they decided they needed another hostage.
« Last post by Skybison on January 20, 2018, 11:55:16 am »
^I figured you're from a continuity where she dumps Joker for Poison Ivy.
« Last post by The_Queen on January 20, 2018, 10:20:58 am »
We are gonna have a Government Shutdown because the Orange Piss Pot can't let go of his wall but will let go of CHIP.  Oh they'll try to blame the Dems for this but most of the GOP knows it's gonna be hollow blame considering they control the Government.

Ironbite-and with Trump's prediction of only a terrorists attack being able to save the GOP come November, I'm a bit scared.

This is seriously like something out of the Dark Knight: one boat with Dreamers and one boat with CHIP recipients, and Trump has given Schumer a button to blow up one of the ships...

Fuck, I just realized my Avatar his Harley Quinn and I described Trump as The Joker. Just ignore that, this simile isn't perfect.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Art Vandelay on January 20, 2018, 09:19:12 am »

This guy's going to go far.
A friend asked me a question that I really wanna know the answer to RE: that last post. Can a Judge be held in contempt of court?
« Last post by Askold on January 20, 2018, 03:27:00 am »
EDIT: Nevermind, they fucked up as expected.

Let's see if controlling all branches of the US government is enough for the GOP to not manage to fuck things up.

Or if Trump's first inauguration anniversary will be government shutting down.

Someone joked that Trump was voted to run the government like a company and this is the phase where he declares bankruptcy and runs away with the money. (Which is pretty much what I said here a long time ago.)
What if the judge interrupts the jury and tells them that God ordered him to say that the suspects are innocent?

Because that's apparently a thing in USA: http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/
Entertainment and Television / Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Last post by Askold on January 20, 2018, 03:11:49 am »
The battle is based on one of the iconic battles in Stalingrad. There is a tall grain silo complex outside the city and controlling it would mean controlling the tallest building within several kilometers. Also the regiment doesn't have the artillery to take down to building.

Historically the battle was fought for weeks and there were Russians and Germans controlling individual floors in the building with enemies both up and down from them... Like Russian/Russian/German/Russian/German/Russian or something like that.

So, yes... It was a meatgrinder of a fight and mostly unnecessary. Meanwhile rest of the Imperial regiments are still landing while the PC regiment's maverick commander took his unit on a foolish charge into enemy territory against direct orders. Chances are that once the regiment retreats (and has a ship blast the building from the orbit) they get a new commander as the survivors are put into another regiment.
Politics and Government / Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Last post by niam2023 on January 20, 2018, 01:12:12 am »
Yeah. If I had one wish for my 30th birthday, I'd want David Dees to draw me as some sort of HYDRA Overlord, alongside George Soros, Obama and Hillary as some kind of Legion of Doom.

My goal is by then be rich / important enough to infuriate the right wing.
Politics and Government / Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Last post by Cloud3514 on January 20, 2018, 01:08:46 am »
I am so glad that basically no one takes Dees seriously. That's the only reason I find him more fascinating in his insanity than infuriating.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10