Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by dpareja on June 21, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/women-only-spa-counterpoint-1.4170158

A woman-only spa came under fire for not allowing transwomen; naturally, it has defenders.
Politics and Government / Re: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew
« Last post by dpareja on June 21, 2017, 12:00:09 pm »
Let us know how it goes.

Same. Conty has been extra emotional this week, crying over and over about his Glorious Leader (TM) shitting the bed. He really needs to be put in his place.

It may not go anywhere. The discussion's currently on the acquittal of Yanez.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by Jocasta McFucken on June 21, 2017, 11:03:24 am »
Lady Checkmate has finally snapped completely by the way:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/persecution_alt_left_troll_issues_death_threat_and_demands_we_close_our_christian_channel/

This was submitted but she may take this post down before it gets approved here.  Most interesting is the claim of death threats but she presents none she's received.
Oh it would be so funny if Ruth Davidson became PM.  It'd mean that the progressive parties of love and tolerance and inclusion and all that hippy dogshit had provided the nation with a sum total of 0 leaders from the "Women and other minorities"® category while the evil bigoted patriarchal tories would be on their third.  And an openly gay one to boot.  Since when have any of the shitty parties you lot vote for managed that eh?

It's a well known fact that we liberal hippies are so simple minded and emotional that we can't fit more than one political issue into our heads. Pointing this situation would either turn any British leftist a Tory or make them too confused and ashamed to decide who to vote anymore. I'm shaking of fear thinking how this simple political trick would guarantee an endless, glorious Tory reign in Britain.
Let us know how it goes.

Same. Conty has been extra emotional this week, crying over and over about his Glorious Leader (TM) shitting the bed. He really needs to be put in his place.
Politics and Government / Re: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew
« Last post by Askold on June 21, 2017, 03:11:49 am »
Let us know how it goes.
« Last post by dpareja on June 21, 2017, 02:59:08 am »
I think the quality of May's victory is to be gauged by the fact that she will not be Prime Minister at Christmas.

Who succeeds her, though?

As near as I can tell, the only person who might be a reasonable successor to May is Davidson, and she is a) not interested, b) gay and c) getting married to her soon-to-be wife (those last two probably making her unacceptable to the DUP, with whom the Tories must work for the time being).

Oh it would be so funny if Ruth Davidson became PM.  It'd mean that the progressive parties of love and tolerance and inclusion and all that hippy dogshit had provided the nation with a sum total of 0 leaders from the "Women and other minorities"® category while the evil bigoted patriarchal tories would be on their third.  And an openly gay one to boot.  Since when have any of the shitty parties you lot vote for managed that eh?

I just quoted this in a discussion about the election on a forum with a number of SNP supporters. I am now waiting for the hilarity to ensue.
I think the quality of May's victory is to be gauged by the fact that she will not be Prime Minister at Christmas.

Who succeeds her, though?

As near as I can tell, the only person who might be a reasonable successor to May is Davidson, and she is a) not interested, b) gay and c) getting married to her soon-to-be wife (those last two probably making her unacceptable to the DUP, with whom the Tories must work for the time being).

The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by dpareja on June 21, 2017, 01:25:22 am »
So we can ALMOST win. Which means... fuck all. They're winning by closing polling stations, gerrymandering, passing laws to keep themselves in office, all sorts of bullshit. You can't beat someone who sets up the rules of the game such that they auto-win. Its only close so that they can keep laughing at our futile efforts to matter. To laugh at our pointless hopes, our unobtainable dream of winning.

You're forgetting the voter IDsuppression laws.

EDIT:

There's also the part where the US does something that international elections monitors usually raise red flags about: have partisan officials run elections, specifically, state Secretaries of State*. I imagine that if you took some African country and plunked the entire US model into it as-is, people would be screaming about how it's not a democracy.

*By contrast, for federal elections here, the only people (other than minors) not allowed to vote are the two people at the top of Elections Canada, so that the public can be certain that the election is being run by somebody truly nonpartisan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10