Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by The_Queen on Today at 07:34:09 am »
BUT HE HELD A FLAG!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who didn't see this shit coming is a fucking moron.

I saw this shit coming last year. "Fucking moron" is too kind to these people. But hey, they have their "morals," whatever that means.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Askold on Today at 04:30:25 am »
« Last post by Askold on Today at 04:18:37 am »
...And the next step: https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/trump-pence-administration-argue-lgbt-people-arent-protected-discrimination-civil-rights-act/

EDIT:

Also note that when Trump tweeted:

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......

...Assuming that you hadn't read the other tweets and heard the story. How do you think his declaration would continue? Because the brass in Pentagon assumed that Trump was going to threaten North Korea or possibly even declare a war.

It wasn't until 9 minutes later when he made the second tweet that they could stop holding their breaths as they saw that he was "just" talking about discriminating trans soldiers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-transgender-pentagon-fear-north-korea-declare-war-a7862091.html
« Last post by Cloud3514 on Today at 03:18:06 am »
BUT HE HELD A FLAG!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who didn't see this shit coming is a fucking moron.
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by Askold on Today at 01:49:21 am »
Well, there are hundreds of people who think politicians are lizardmen in disguise.

This, as crazy as it is, is actually more plausible.

Edit: Now that were speaking of crazies...

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017/07/26/alex-jones-trump-needs-get-bunker-right-now-and-declare-himself-victim-coup-attempt/217398
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by Kanzenkankaku on Today at 12:31:22 am »

"Transvestigation" is what he calls his mania.

Also he mixes up the terms all the time, possibly on purpose. That is, he calls these celebrities transmen, transvestites, drag queens and every other term interchangeably.

There's an entire community of these people. Just search up "transvestigation" on youtube and you'll get these videos about everybody from Courtney Love to Donald Trump are actually satanic trans people. It's hilarious but also quite worrying that there are apparently dozens of these guys.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Conversations with Sharon at home
« Last post by Sharon_at_home on Today at 12:14:16 am »
Thanks Crowfood That was very interesting. I've been learning a lot about Fundies here as everyone is so kind to me. I have learned more to be able to use the tools as the way to ummmm  ::) 'sink their battleships' in a quicker manner.
So I've been working on a couple of ways to put the different ways Fundies try to insist they are right, so I can cut and paste the best match instead of going to so much trouble for scriptures etc. I'm using some of my battle with Amos as a guide.
Any information that can be of use, please don't hesitate to let me know.  ;)
I'm also preparing some scriptures and rebukes ahead of time about the gays. ;D
God bless Crowfood! and thanks again for the perception lesson of the ego of a Fundie.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by Bob J. on July 26, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »
I officially resign when it comes to engaging Oboehner in conversation.

“Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”
- Winston Churchill

Or possibly,
“Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.”
- Mark Twain
« Last post by niam2023 on July 26, 2017, 10:18:16 pm »
BUT NEOLIBERAL ECONERMICS!!!111! CLINTON IZ WARMUNGER!
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Conversations with Sharon at home
« Last post by CrowFood on July 26, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
I have a friend who studied theology. He had an interesting take on Christian fundamentalism. In his mind, the purpose of fundamentalism is to use scripture justify and propagate one's own beliefs, effectively making themselves their own God. My experience with other religions is limited, but at least in Christianity, fundamentalism I've seen is about personal status rather than practicing a faith. It's why fundies take it so personally when you cite things running contrary: you're not insulting their beliefs, you're insulting them and taking away their power. And they do want power. It's why they are such petty tyrants.

In response to Sharon, condemnation of sin is in the hands of God alone according to the Bible, but...think about what I just said about fundamentalism. They see condemning others as justified because they've set themselves up as God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10