Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by Svata on June 21, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
So we can ALMOST win. Which means... fuck all. They're winning by closing polling stations, gerrymandering, passing laws to keep themselves in office, all sorts of bullshit. You can't beat someone who sets up the rules of the game such that they auto-win. Its only close so that they can keep laughing at our futile efforts to matter. To laugh at our pointless hopes, our unobtainable dream of winning.
« Last post by dpareja on June 21, 2017, 12:22:02 am »
So. We're never winning anything, then. Fuck this country.

Don't be so sure. These were all heavily Republican districts (at least at the House level), and all of them ended up much closer than they should have under normal circumstances. (Look at SC 5. To quote someone else, "South Carolina 5 was surprising in the opposite direction. That it was single digits? Not surprising. That it was low single digits? DEFCON 2 for the House GOP.")
« Last post by Svata on June 21, 2017, 12:02:19 am »
So. We're never winning anything, then. Fuck this country.
« Last post by davedan on June 20, 2017, 11:50:55 pm »
Wow she was possibly the worst candidate in the world. Ms 'I don't believe in a living wage'. Wow
« Last post by RavynousHunter on June 20, 2017, 11:26:58 pm »
I dunno, I think you might be able to beat her if you wear pumps.
« Last post by dpareja on June 20, 2017, 11:00:13 pm »
So that bitch Handel won - repulsive Republican idiot running a little haven for inbreds and morons.

I'd rant about this, but it would just lead to another flaming contest between Queen and myself.
« Last post by niam2023 on June 20, 2017, 10:52:01 pm »
So that bitch Handel won - repulsive Republican idiot running a little haven for inbreds and morons.
Entertainment and Television / Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Last post by Cloud3514 on June 20, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »
Bloom is way better than it used to be. Fable is still one of the worst looking games I've ever played purely for the sheer amount of bloom in it. Everything was fucking radioactive.
Politics and Government / Re: Public option in Nevada?
« Last post by dpareja on June 20, 2017, 04:16:46 pm »
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/nevada-gop-governor-vetoes-medicaid-for-all-bill/

Gov. Sandoval has vetoed the bill.

EDIT: Overriding a gubernatorial veto in Nevada requires a two-thirds vote of both houses of the legislature. Democrats currently control 11 of the 21 State Senate seats, along with one Independent who caucuses with them, and 27 of the 42 State Assembly seats, leaving them unable to override the veto without Republican support.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/79th2017/Reports/BillVote.cfm?VoteID=1141&fldReprint=1&fldDocTypeCode=AB&fldBillNumber=374&fldBillname=AB374

The Assembly vote was along party lines, with two Republicans excused for a vote of 27-13.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/79th2017/Reports/BillVote.cfm?VoteID=1234&fldReprint=1&fldDocTypeCode=AB&fldBillNumber=374&fldBillname=AB374

The Senate vote was also along party lines, 12-9, with the independent voting with the Democrats in favour of the bill.
Entertainment and Television / Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Last post by Eiki-mun on June 20, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »
I wonder, is there anyone here that actually likes bloom? At least the excessive amounts of it you tend to see in games nowadays? It just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak positively of it, so I'm curious if it really is as universally disliked as it seems.

My simple rule is "if I can notice it, you're doing it wrong". Proper levels of bloom should meld with the environment around it to create a natural effect that you don't notice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10