Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Last post by niam2023 on January 20, 2018, 12:34:19 am »
Garrison has gone completely insane. But his insanity and artistic skill will NEVER match the glory and abject madness that is David Dees.
Politics and Government / Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Last post by Cloud3514 on January 19, 2018, 11:49:43 pm »
I miss the days when Garrison was being trolled by NAZIs instead of being one.
It's hard to make people believe that you're the One True Mouthpiece of God if you admit you're no different from any other billion dollar multinational organisation. The church can't be wrong, it's everyone else who's wrong.
The Vatican is basically the world's oldest organized crime family.
Entertainment and Television / Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Last post by Cloud3514 on January 19, 2018, 10:56:04 pm »
You know, my suggestion would have been to just level the building from the outside. It's not exactly common for the Imperium to care about subtlety.
From a pretty hardcore Catholic (who's pissed at the Church hierarchy but is a devout believer):

I'm hopping mad at Pope Francis today. His brand of lawless clericalism just blended with his even more unique brand of off-the-cuff insults directed at anyone who disagrees with him, and it's a calamity for the Church in Chile and beyond. He should resign. 

But there's so many high-ranking Catholic clergy that's true of it's difficult to wrap one's mind around it.
This is horrifying. And seeing how old some of their kids were - I can't imagine everything the 29-year-old has seen, or been through. I don't think any judge or jury is going to be particularly kind to these parents.
Now I want the Jewish pack.
Entertainment and Television / Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Last post by Askold on January 19, 2018, 04:14:09 pm »
Several more deaths in OW...

The team was sent in to clear a building. Or more accurately, part of if. 50 meters of a corridor to be exact. It was tight spaces, traps, grenades and funtime for all. They got about 20 meters or so and cleared a few rooms on the way. Many lives were lost. But this time not all of them to friendly fire.

...I mean the Medic's (NPC) comrade burnt to death due to a slight miscalculation with a flamer but the sarge (one handed and all) was able to put out the medic while he was rolling on the floor and screaming in agony.

Other highlights include Heavy pushing a makeshift barricade forwards as the team advanced behind it and tossed grenades and Molotov's cocktails at the enemy. Totally bumbling a perfectly planned DYNAMIC ENTRY which resulted in enemies hearing the team's approach and a frag grenade killing a few (NPC) team members. The session ended in a barely won melee fight that saw a few more NPC deaths and the Heavy losing his right arm.

Three of the five PC's have now lost an arm and only one has received a cybernetic replacement.

Anyway, the GM did say that he is doing a meatgrinder game that is really grimdark but the characters are getting better gear as the regiment will be upgraded from Light to Line infantry. (Currently they have helmets and flak vests which mean that half the shots hit unarmoured spots. Proper Flak armour that covers all of the hit locations will make them much tougher.)
That's just....disgusting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10