Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by davedan on March 21, 2017, 06:33:16 pm »
And now for the FBI explanation for why they didn't talk about this during the election while going public about how they "definitely may have found something on Clinton" and then waiting a few days before going "oops, my bad, we got nothing."

...Are they going to explain that?

No

One theory I heard bandied around (by completely biased but amusing commentators) was that Comey thought he was buying himself some appearance of impartiality. Effectively Comey thought Clinton had an unassailable lead and wanted cover for when he had to start prosecutions of members of the Trump campaign post election. Although this appears entirely too cynical.
« Last post by The_Queen on March 21, 2017, 06:16:30 pm »
And now for the FBI explanation for why they didn't talk about this during the election while going public about how they "definitely may have found something on Clinton" and then waiting a few days before going "oops, my bad, we got nothing."

No
Entertainment and Television / Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Last post by ironbite on March 21, 2017, 03:43:53 pm »
Apparently there's like a crap ton of weapons just lying around so it's not too obnoxious.  And it's not like weapon degregation hasn't been in games before.  Fallout 3 and New Vegas had it and I kinda miss that in 4.

Ironbite-was a neat mechanic that made weapons actually mean something other then vendor trash.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: The Church-Police
« Last post by ironbite on March 21, 2017, 03:42:29 pm »
Well.....I guess they're just ahead of the curve here.
« Last post by RavynousHunter on March 21, 2017, 11:48:59 am »
@SCarpelan: And I think we all know how well things turned out for them, don't we?
« Last post by Id82 on March 21, 2017, 11:32:52 am »
Alabama............... that's all I have to say about that.
« Last post by SCarpelan on March 21, 2017, 05:04:35 am »
Is it just me, or has the Raging Cheeto already visibly aged during his first few weeks in office?  Shit, at least Obama took a year or so before he started to look kinda haggard.  At this rate, he'll probably die of a heart attack before the year's up.

Yes fucking please! I'd love to attend Trump's funeral.

Problem is, then your get Pence AKA Trump without even the faux-populism and a shit-ton more actual misogyny and homophobia.

Let's be real here. Pence is your ordinary garden-variety reactionary. Bad, sure, but he's not Trump. He'll do things like get rid of health care, try to ban gay marriage and abortions, and enforce Christianity, but Trump will do all those things too. What he won't do is deliberately insult world leaders because he's feeling angry, make up imaginary wiretappings because he's had a bad week, and try to call into question the basic structures of our government. Those are things he won't do, and that's why I'd rather have President Pence than Trumpy.

It might be easier for these actions to become normalized under a less obviously monstrous leader like Pence. Would people be as motivated to resist him? I truly don't know but I am worried that the answer is no.

On the other hand, there is a good possibility that Bannon would lose at least some of his power, hopefully most of it since Pence is not as easily manipulated as Trump. That would be a huge deal.
« Last post by SCarpelan on March 21, 2017, 04:55:18 am »
... what could go wrong, right?

Religion and Philosophy / The Church-Police
« Last post by Askold on March 21, 2017, 04:37:15 am »
...No, not these folks:

...Or these:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO0ZjJm-FPk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO0ZjJm-FPk</a>

Instead the good ol' folk in Alabama are wondering if they should let the church have their own police force:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-may-allow-church-form-own-police-force-n735811

An Alabama megachurch is seeking to establish its own police department — and a bill that would green light the force is already moving through the state senate.

The 4,100-member strong Briarwood Presbyterian Church, located in suburban Birmingham, contends it needs its own police force to counter any potential threats because it is also home to a K-12 school and a theological seminary with 2,000 students and teachers.

Failing that there is another law that they are trying to pass that would allow churches give armed churchgoers legal protection if they shoot people...

Because it's been a while that Alabama was a disgrace to the USA.
« Last post by Askold on March 21, 2017, 04:18:54 am »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]