Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 555409 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10395 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:24 am »
The newest Shadowrun book introduces a new Mentor spirit called The Goddess...

ADVANTAGES All: +2 dice pool modifier for Instruction Tests. Magician: +2 dice pool modifier for Ritual Spellcasting Tests. Adept: 1 free level of Authoritative Tone.

The Goddess refuses to take a backseat to any male counterparts. Unless you succeed in a Charisma + Willpower Test (3), you will not take orders from a male, or if a male disrespects you, you must respond with equal measure.

Now people on the net are arguing whether this is a horrible caricature of feminists or "but feminists are like that though" or "but SJWs are like that though" although mainly the complaints are about how this is mechanically one of the worst Mentors merely by the negative side and the advantages aren't much good either. (You can make very effective magicians who don't even know any ritual spells. One of those is good to have and some others have situational use very rarely but most of the time those are useless.)

Then someone went and said that
So it locks you out of having polite conversation with 50% of the world

...Because no guy ever treats women respectfully? There was some debate but his point seems to be that if someone insults the character then the "firecunt" puts the entire party at risk by responding in fashion.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • The Beast
  • Check Your Privilege
« Reply #10396 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:23 pm »
If nothing else, it'd make diplomacy runs that much more interesting.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • Got the moves like Viktor.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10397 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »
I can finally identify hunger!  After what  I can only assume is food poisoning, I can at long last distinguish between hunger and stomach cramps.  Praise the sun!
Quote from: Mikasa Ackerman
If I win, I live.  If I lose, I die.  Unless I fight, I cannot win.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • TIME JUDGED ALL!
« Reply #10398 on: March 20, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »
420 PRAISE IT!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10399 on: March 20, 2017, 07:10:09 pm »
Stomach's still a bit iffy, had 3 bad cramps, thus far today, but that's a hell of a lot better than it was on Sunday.  Thankfully, my professor was understanding and gave me an extension on a quiz that was due then because I was...really not in any state to do anything other than maybe watch shit on YouTube.  I've managed to eat and (thus far, at least) keep down normal food so, hopefully, this will all be over by tomorrow.  Knowing my body, it'll likely largely go away once I have a shit...because my body's weird like that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10400 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:29 pm »
That feeling when you have to completely, and I do mean COMPLETELY, redesign the fundamental data structure behind your current assignment because your current version had become incomprehensible and hard to debug.  The only silver lining is that the assignment isn't due for another week and, aside from that, I should be pretty much done with it, already.  It is still infuriating, though.

FUCK POINTERS.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10401 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:18 pm »
Fucking deadlifts.

Hamstrings keep locking up, and I just cannot get the form down.
I am offensively offensive. How Offensive!