Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024773 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1455 on: June 17, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »
People who go to bars and clubs in uniform.  If you're going after work to a restaurant or event that's one thing but I see too many service members in bars in uniform or like Jeb saw at a Ska show.  Go change.
This. It's one thing to be respected for defending your home, friends, and family (to the extent that any of our current conflicts do so). It's another entirely to flaunt your service as though this respect is automatic; that kind of behavior/mentality should, if anything, cost you any respect or admiration you've earned.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1456 on: June 17, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »
People who go to bars and clubs in uniform.  If you're going after work to a restaurant or event that's one thing but I see too many service members in bars in uniform or like Jeb saw at a Ska show.  Go change.
This. It's one thing to be respected for defending your home, friends, and family (to the extent that any of our current conflicts do so). It's another entirely to flaunt your service as though this respect is automatic; that kind of behavior/mentality should, if anything, cost you any respect or admiration you've earned.

I agree, though I hadn't thought about such a situation before. It's kinda interesting to see what's deemed appropriate and inappropriate in the military subculture.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1457 on: June 17, 2012, 10:14:46 pm »
When co-workers you enjoy working leave the job for another job. For the last couple of months, a lot of the co-workers I enjoy working with have been leaving.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1458 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:23 am »
I just re-watched a few of my favourite scenes from Requiem for a Dream, and now I'm too depressed to go to sleep. :(
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1459 on: June 18, 2012, 01:44:58 am »

I agree, though I hadn't thought about such a situation before. It's kinda interesting to see what's deemed appropriate and inappropriate in the military subculture.

I normally see uniforms in the mall but that's cause it's like 5 minutes from the base and they're there for lunch hour. Not sure I've seen anyone at a bar. Seen a couple of guys at Hooters once.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1460 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:33 am »
You know when you read something completely inconsequential that nevertheless turns you into a moping, whiny little bucket of directionless angst? That happened to me yesterday, and 24 hours later and the part of me that says Linkin Park is a good band still won't shut the fuck up.

Ah well, mindlessly fucking stupid Youtube videos soothes the pain. Like so.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5axZBLvkwvY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5axZBLvkwvY</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:36:25 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1461 on: June 18, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »
Discovering really good bands that broke up years ago is pretty annoying.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1462 on: June 18, 2012, 09:59:06 pm »
taking the day off of work to get stuff done and getting nothing done is pretty annoying.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #1463 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »

I normally see uniforms in the mall but that's cause it's like 5 minutes from the base and they're there for lunch hour. Not sure I've seen anyone at a bar. Seen a couple of guys at Hooters once.

Hooters is a restaurant, as long as they're going for lunch/after work not to get drunk or on days off.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1464 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:32 pm »
My sister's kitty Darwin died today, and I'm annoyed with myself for not finding and petting him last time I visited her.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1465 on: June 19, 2012, 01:55:39 am »

Hooters is a restaurant, as long as they're going for lunch/after work not to get drunk or on days off.
I thought we were just naming weird places to see uniforms.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1466 on: June 19, 2012, 02:03:26 am »

I thought we were just naming weird places to see uniforms.
More like commenting on how pretentious wearing a military uniform can come across when there's no good reason to be wearing it (such as at a concert or on a date).
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1467 on: June 19, 2012, 03:17:12 am »
That was a joke.

Either way, Hooters was at a time where they could've changed, ergo...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:18:50 am by Commander Shepard »

&

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1468 on: June 19, 2012, 11:38:56 pm »
People who don't understand that there's a difference between transsexuals and crossdressers.

When I've mentioned my last gf (she was MTF) to my family, my dad responded that he "Didn't know much about transvestite culture" or something like that. Later, one of my uncles was confused on what "transsexual" meant until another one used the term "crossdresser" to clarify things.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand? One's a deep-seated identity issue while the other is just something people do for shits and giggles. I fail to see what's so complicated about that.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1469 on: June 21, 2012, 11:12:27 am »
The fact that Youtube is recommending me a video of a dog taking a shit. Why the fuck would anyone film and upload that in the first place?!