Author Topic: Bye Bye Bachmann  (Read 4689 times)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Bye Bye Bachmann
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:50 am »
Bachshit Insane is apparently taking her family to her husband's parental homeland and looking to run for office there.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76072.html

Thank you, Switzerland, for ensuring she'll remain far away from the White House for many years to come and making the world a slightly safer place.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQhPBl1I34" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQhPBl1I34</a>
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:41:49 am by DrFishcake »

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
Re: Bye Bye Bachmann
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:53:42 am »
Poor Switzerland...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline banjaxed

• Neonate
  • The lurking luker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:34:03 am »
Should I be excited or terrified?
Geologists are the masters of subduction

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:40:24 am »
If you read the article you will see that she did not specifically seek Swiss citizenship. She was granted it automatically when her husband (the son of Swiss citizens) registered for dual citizenship. He did it because his children wanted to claim their dual citizenship, and they couldn't unless he did.

Saying she is considering running for office there or that she explicitly sought out Swiss citizenship is simply untrue.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:03:50 am »
My bad, I took the source that tweeted that link in good faith when they said she was running.

Of course the prospect that she's out of politics full stop is to be welcomed.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:34 pm »
Those poor Swiss.

Also...

HI SANDMAN!!!!!!!!! :D

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:40:39 pm »
Hello, Cmdr Shep. I don't have the strength these days to do much more than skim the site for a few minutes at a time, so I don't comment much.

...but I am still around.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:53:36 pm »
Hello, Cmdr Shep. I don't have the strength these days to do much more than skim the site for a few minutes at a time, so I don't comment much.

...but I am still around.
Without trying to derail the thread too much:

Hugs. Many, many hugs. Rest is important. :)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 05:18:43 pm »

Also, am I the only one who read what you said as though their children are trying to run away to Switzerland and their parents accidentally let them?

Well, considering the vast circumstantial evidence calling Bachman's husband's own heterosexuality into question and the fact that Switzerland recognizes same-sex-marriage (although they call it something like "registered partners" or something), it does raise some eyebrows.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 06:49:47 pm »
... and nothing of value was lost.

And frankly I'm okay with Bachmann moving to Switzerland. They're neutral all the time, so even if we deported all the crazy there, there's no way they could end up hating us. Also, she'll have plenty of fun with the militia mandate that requires all homes to have guns and ammunition in them.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 07:15:15 pm »
I wonder if Bachmann is aware the Swiss are required to purchase health insurance which is heavily regulated?

You know... Obamacare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Switzerland
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »
Isn't Switzerland one of the most liberal countries in Europe?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 07:26:13 pm »
Yes, it is.

Her political future there will be very difficult if she sticks to her platform here.

And isn't same sex marriage legal there?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32:42 pm »
Guys, please. She has NO political aspirations in Switzerland, and did not actually seek Swiss citizenship. The entire thing is just a legal curiosity created by the way the Swiss laws work. It's amusing, but meaningless.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:45:35 am »
Unconfirmed reports suggest that she spent a very frustrating day yesterday searching everywhere for Swiss language courses, to no avail.