Author Topic: Michael and Debi Pearl.  (Read 22220 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Michael and Debi Pearl.
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:12:35 am »
Here's a thread dedicated to those psychos who use the bible to justify child abuse.  They recieved some attention since there's been kids killed by parents who used his book.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vGHOOzokI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vGHOOzokI</a>

Of course I don't think we can blame Michael Pearl for the deaths of the children, but we can blame him for advocating harmful "discipline" techniques in the name of god.  For those who don't want to spend money on his book just to prove you read it, check out the video below of one of his child training sessions. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNv61rb7TNc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNv61rb7TNc</a>

You know, for kids!

He filed a DMCA against the original uploader, but fortunately there were copies that were reuploaded to expose this freak for what he is. 

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
Re: Michael and Debi Pearl.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:32:31 am »
Why is this freak not in a cage?
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:33:37 am »
because he does it for GAWD! Seriously, you can get away with fucking anything by claiming it's for GAWD!
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 02:50:28 pm »
I've robbed my local bank for YAHWEH, but it didn't stop me from going to jail.

Discrimination!
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:16:18 pm »
Of course I don't think we can blame Michael Pearl for the deaths of the children, but we can blame him for advocating harmful "discipline" techniques in the name of god. 

Nope, I think we can blame him for it.

He's absolutely unrepentant about it, his methods directly caused it, even if he wasn't the one doing them...

At some point, one goes beyond quack to being someone whose very actions cause the deaths of children, albeit indirectly.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 05:37:52 pm »
Yeah the Pearls should be in jail.  If only for advocating child abuse.  Unfortunetly, there's no law against advocating shit.

Ironbite-more's the pity.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:53:11 pm »
Wow, just fucking WOW.  And the end was just like a kick in the head on top of all of it.  How do people not see these folks for the scumbags they are?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:04 pm »
I've robbed my local bank for YAHWEH, but it didn't stop me from going to jail.

Discrimination!

You pissed him off by putting vowels in his name. You're just lucky he didn't see to it that your entire race was wiped from the Earth. He used to do that, but I think he's chilled out a little bit.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:20 pm »
See, these people just make me angry. I am not opposed to corporal punishment. I was spanked maybe 5 or 6 times in my entire life. It was always with a bare hand. Of those times, they were serious things that I did that needed to get my attention. I don't fault or dislike my parents for it, or hold any hard feelings.

Now, I don't intend to have children, but if I did, I would do everything I could to not have to spank my child. For dreadfully serious things, just to get their attention with a swat might be an option.

I can also understand the fact that children do need some form of discipline when they are raised. You don't need to spank your children to instill a sense of discipline.

What these two advocate just makes me sick. The fact that they want the kids to go and select the switch they will be beaten with is even crazier. It does mental damage along with physical and the amount of force they advocate using is just unacceptable. In my mind, corporal punishment shouldn't really hurt that much.

I really hope that these people get brought to some sense of justice. They are responsible for the death of a child through their teachings, and they have undoubtedly caused the suffering of hundreds, if not thousands of children. People who hurt children...or advocate the harm of children just make my blood boil.

Gah,
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 11:55:46 pm »
I posted that topic on them, and it wasn't just one child. It was three...

If I see the Pearls in danger, I'll rescue the kids and leave the 'rents at the mercy of the elements. The very fact that people take their advice seriously gives me little hope for humanity.

I wouldn't mourn if Set Abominae took them out (You'll have to figure out that reference yourselves).

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline damianblack

• Neonate
  • That's metal....
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 01:09:17 am »
every friggin' time i see these two (or hear about the horrific things they inspire) i loose just a little bit more faith in humanity. How this animal and his wife aren't incarcerated by this point is beyond me.....
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 01:45:52 am »
That's honestly what I don't get either. You would think these assholes would have gotten into some trouble with the law, but honestly, I don't think it can really come back to them. Just because he writes a book about it, or even preaches it in his sermons, I don't think he can be held liable for what his "followers" actually do with their kids. Which sucks. Major ass.
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline damianblack

• Neonate
  • That's metal....
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:54 am »
I don't think he can be held liable for what his "followers" actually do with their kids. Which sucks. Major ass.

Indeed.
And the saddest thing, I think, is that neither they nor their brain washed "followers" are ever going to see the truth of the harm their actions actually do.
Even with closer and more intense media scrutiny , public outrage, and condemnation from other christians, they will shrug off any criticism with a healthy dose of christian persecution complex syndrome.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 03:00:54 am »
You obviously have problems if you feel the need to controll people through physicall force.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 03:11:38 am »
Just because he writes a book about it, or even preaches it in his sermons, I don't think he can be held liable for what his "followers" actually do with their kids.

Wouldn't it be incitement to violence? Because, you know, he's telling people to be violent?