Author Topic: Wall St. employees threaten to quit  (Read 14303 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Wall St. employees threaten to quit
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:12 pm »
...if their bonuses are cut. What a bunch of self-centered, whiny asshats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/wall-street-bonuses-2011_n_1193733.html

"It's a terrible time to be an employee," Robert Ottinger, a New York-based compensation lawyer told the NYP. "Employers know they have all of the power."
Fuck you. Just fuck you. Try going without a job for over a year because you don't have the right kind of cashier experience, then tell me how much your 6 figure salary sucks. I fucking dare you.

Nervousness about the global economy, new regulations, slow dealmaking and public anger at banks will likely push banks to slash this year's bonus pool so much that it will be the smallest since the height of the financial crisis in 2008, the Wall Street Journal reports. At Morgan Stanley, some investment bankers may see their bonuses cut by 30 to 40 percent. And at Goldman Sachs, many of the firm's partners' compensation could be halved.

Estimates of this year's Wall Street bonuses have varied widely, but usually see a drop from last year. According to a November survey from consulting firm Johnson Associates Inc., for example, bonuses should fall 20 to 30 percent on average this year. Other surveys predict an average drop of 35 to 40 percent.
Clearly, the problem is with the new regulations, not the economic meltdown they created in their greed. Never mind the fact that several of these banks have seen record-breaking bonuses since the meltdown happened.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Wall St. employees threaten to quit
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:42:39 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »
They have no right to complain since, unlike most people, they still have a bonus. You know what? I think they should quit. I encourage them to do so. Maybe then we can start dismantling one of the systems that has brought ruin to the economy, both national and international.
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »
"It's a terrible time to be an employee,"

Try supporting yourself and your family on minimum wage, then you can bitch...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »
They have no right to complain since, unlike most people, they still have a bonus.
No, this is just as bad as any other argument that you don’t have it bad enough so your problems don’t matter. Not all that different from the people complaining that the Wisconsin public employees had pensions and so had to take it up the ass from Walker.

The fact that they haven’t earned their bonuses due to the meltdown, as mentioned, is enough to take away their right to complain.
-A Pen Name

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:22 pm »
Let 'em quit.  Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:48:23 pm »
You know, they should be in jail for the ruin they brought on the global economy as well as the individual people worldwide.

I think just giving them a slightly smaller bonus seems overly generous on our part.  ???

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
*plays world's smallest violin* Boo fucking hoo...now this rich, coming from the crooks that most of the public want dead.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 10:09:09 pm »
Fuck them and their fucking sense of entitlement.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »
Anyone else think that this fucker can't quit now...b/c it would be too hard to get another job after this little whinefest?  They'd be an embarrassment anywhere else

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 10:54:29 pm »
Wall St. employees threaten to quit.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 11:00:10 pm »
Wall St. employees threaten to quit.

*spazzes at picture and ends up a mess on the floor* @_X
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 11:00:43 pm »
Somehow, this came to mind. Same kind of vapid bullshit. Let the fuckers quit, we'll be better off.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »
They have no right to complain since, unlike most people, they still have a bonus.
No, this is just as bad as any other argument that you don’t have it bad enough so your problems don’t matter.

I just can't muster up sympathy for a guy making a 6-figure+ wage earning a bonus that's a chunk smaller than it was last year. Boo fucking hoo. I could live for a few decades off of what they make a year; they can frikkin eat me, and as far as I'm concerned, they'll get the right to bitch once the least of us have had a good thorough turnaround.

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »
"It's a terrible time to be an employee," Robert Ottinger, a New York-based compensation lawyer told the NYP. "Employers know they have all of the power."

Oh boo-hoo. I'm sure there will be thousands of people more than willing to take over your job.