Author Topic: Women...you are now livestock  (Read 4149 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Women...you are now livestock
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »
Well, according to Georgia that is

After an emotional 14-hour workday that included fist-fights between lobbyists and a walk-out by women Democrats, the Georgia House passed a Senate-approved bill Thursday night that criminalizes abortion after 20 weeks.

The bill, which does not contain rape or incest exemptions, is expected to receive a signature from Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.

Commonly referred to as the “fetal pain bill” by Georgian Republicans and as the “women as livestock bill” by everyone else, HB 954 garnered national attention this month when state Rep. Terry England (R-Auburn) compared pregnant women carrying stillborn fetuses to the cows and pigs on his farm. According to Rep. England and his warped thought process, if farmers have to “deliver calves, dead or alive,” then a woman carrying a dead fetus, or one not expected to survive, should have to carry it to term.

Yep, that's right.  In Georgia, if you're preggers and the fetus dies in womb, you still have to carry that sucker to term.  Because you're just like pigs and cows.

Ironbite-....I'll be over here getting sick.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Women...you are now livestock
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:29:40 pm »
*Stares in eerie silence for a long moment*

*Twitch*

*Spontaneously combusts from rage*

Saturn500

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »
Dear human race: Please stop making me want to build a Sonic Death Ray/ kill everyone with a rusty knife.

Sincerely,
Saturn500

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 08:05:10 pm »

*silently hands Ironbite and Saturn500 parts for their death-rays*
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »
In Georgia this is considered minimal government involvement in citizens' lives.   
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:58 pm »
Well, this'll certainly make getting a wife a hell of a lot easier.

*warms up branding iron*

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:39:37 pm »
Note that women might be still required to birth a corpse, if that corpse is killed by something that isn't chromosomal or congenital.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:52:21 pm »
Holy freakin' hell, you didn't even get to the worst of it:

The Georgia “fetal pain” bill  also stipulates that the abortion must be performed in such a way that the fetus emerges alive. If doctors perform the abortion differently, they face felony charges and up to 10 years in prison.

So, the entire basis of this bill is that fetuses are able to feel pain, so the "moral" choice is to force them to die of organ failure over the course of a few hours on an operating table rather than humanely euthanizing them?

I guess it goes along with the whole "Republican's don't care about you once you're born" idea.  They're against abortions, but they're all for birthing you prematurely and then letting you die.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »
I suggest that women respond by doing what any annoyed and threatened livestock would do and kick the offender(s) to death. Moo, bitches.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 09:33:10 pm »

The Georgia “fetal pain” bill  also stipulates that the abortion must be performed in such a way that the fetus emerges alive. If doctors perform the abortion differently, they face felony charges and up to 10 years in prison.

So, the entire basis of this bill is that fetuses are able to feel pain, so the "moral" choice is to force them to die of organ failure over the course of a few hours on an operating table rather than humanely euthanizing them?

I guess it goes along with the whole "Republican's don't care about you once you're born" idea.  They're against abortions, but they're all for birthing you prematurely and then letting you die.

They're doing this for the purpose of shaming the women getting the abortion, making them watch the fetus dying on an operating table. I think this prove more than ever that they really don't give a fuck about the fetus. They want to make the woman getting the abortion suffer as much as possible, except of course when it's their mistress that is pregnant.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Saturn500

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:35:51 pm »

Okay, now somebody needs to die slowly and painfully...

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:16 pm »
From the article (emphasis mine):
For anti-choice lawmakers, it is an item of faith that fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks. But scientists disagree. Reviews of all existing medical evidence have found that fetuses have not developed the neurological structures to feel pain until at least 25 weeks, and likely not until 28 weeks, in the third trimester.

ALL OF MY FUCKING RAGE.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 10:54:29 pm »
Okay now... this is fundamentally wrong from a zoological perspective.  It wouldn't work on a human either.  Once a fetus dies in the womb, it does what every other living thing does when death happens.  The body starts to decay.  The dead matter has to be removed as soon as possible from both the cow AND the human because infection (BAD INFECTION) can set in and kill the mother if the length of time the mother has to carry it to term is too long.

If this gets passed, I expect quite some hoo-hah.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 12:06:46 am »
Okay now... this is fundamentally wrong from a zoological perspective.  It wouldn't work on a human either.  Once a fetus dies in the womb, it does what every other living thing does when death happens.  The body starts to decay.  The dead matter has to be removed as soon as possible from both the cow AND the human because infection (BAD INFECTION) can set in and kill the mother if the length of time the mother has to carry it to term is too long.

If this gets passed, I expect quite some hoo-hah.
Killing the mother I think was the whole goal.

shykid

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:57 am »
Not even surprised. This will be appealed and overturned, either way.