Author Topic: Disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions  (Read 11244 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
They really don't love god, they fear him. All the platitudes and praises are because they figure their Dear Leader is watching.

I see what you did there.  "Dear Leader," eh?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
hey now, that's unfair.....to Kim Jong Il, who would only torture you until you're dead, not after.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

deadpandoubter

My mom waited until marriage to have sex, refused an abortion when she was finally pregnant with me even at the potential expense of her own leg (she was able to keep it, but it's not been right since) and she refused pain meds after her foot being turned UPSIDE DOWN just because she feared what could happen to me...

And I turned out with multiple disabilities. One brother has depression and anger issues, another has dyslexia, and the oldest has something akin to ADD. So what, pray tell, warranted our "burdening" my mother?

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
I always thought I was being punished for something. Now I know what. Thanks for making me feel even less worth of life.

Please say you were being sacastic up there.
Dont let the bastard get to you.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
So what, pray tell, warranted our "burdening" my mother?
You probably touched yourself while in the womb. ::)
-A Pen Name

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
So all the women who had abortions and went on to have healthy children had God's permission to abort?

Not exactly,  these people believe their own propaganda so much that it makes it impossible for a woman who had a termination to have a healthy child afterwards.   

Offline SugarfreeJazz

• Will burn down your state with combustible lemons
  • Apprentice
  • I wish we were better strangers.
Go back and read the Christ part of the bible, you fail at Christian.

"His disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?'"

"'Neither this man nor his parents sinned,' said Jesus, 'but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.'"
If you love someone set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Also, somewhere in the Bible it basically says that those born with disabilities pretty much have a ticket to heaven already. I think it's in the New Testament, I don't know, I'll have to ask my mother.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
And what about people whose first-born was healthy, yet their second, third, fourth, etc. child has a disability? Or people whose first-born has a disability? Is god "punishing" them for the hell of it?

Seriously, fuck this guy. Dehumanizing people with disabilities by reducing them to a mode of vengeance is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to abuse, institutionalization, and forced sterilization. They're human beings, asshole -- not punishments.

I wanna see his explanation for the Duggars

+1

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
I always thought I was being punished for something. Now I know what. Thanks for making me feel even less worth of life.

Please say you were being sacastic up there.
Dont let the bastard get to you.

Mostly sarcastic considering it is something i was told while I was Christian. What this man says is hardly new being heard by someone like me. It's just the fact that someone is bold enough who isn't the WBC to say it. The truth part comes in at the very end of what I said. When you have enough people saying it you start believing it, if that makes sense.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Also, somewhere in the Bible it basically says that those born with disabilities pretty much have a ticket to heaven already. I think it's in the New Testament, I don't know, I'll have to ask my mother.
Don’t think I’ve heard of that.

But now I am wondering what counts as a disability. How about just a touch of myopia and a mild speech disfluency?
-A Pen Name

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Mostly sarcastic considering it is something i was told while I was Christian. What this man says is hardly new being heard by someone like me. It's just the fact that someone is bold enough who isn't the WBC to say it. The truth part comes in at the very end of what I said. When you have enough people saying it you start believing it, if that makes sense.

I've heard people say similar things (albeit less blatantly than the asshole quoted in the OP) about the girl I aid for. The worst one was from my friend's new age fundie mom. Paraphrased: "Her condition was caused by her mother indulging in *insert negative emotion here* during the pregnancy. The universe responds to negativity!" No, bitch, it's caused by a genetic condition. Mystical, cosmic energy had nothing to do with it.

People are ignorant assholes. A person's worth comes from who they are, not their physical abilities.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God

I'm now envisioning a universe in which kind, caring, and terrifyingly compassionate Christians maim all babies in vivo to make sure that everyone gets to heaven no matter what they believe.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Having been told 'how you are has to be punishment' more times than 'God is testing you and your family' kinda snowballed into one of the reasons for my clinical depression. My rational side says 'they don't know anything. They're ignorant. They don't know that science explains it perfectly. Some deity didn't do it. Fucked up genetics did' but we're not always rational creatures. And when you're a child you're even less so. So being told by adults who you trust that this (being handicapped) is punishment your rational side has no chance.

/sob story

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr

I'm now envisioning a universe in which kind, caring, and terrifyingly compassionate Christians maim all babies in vivo to make sure that everyone gets to heaven no matter what they believe.
It is sometimes a relief that humans can easily fail to act on the logical consequences of their beliefs.
Σא