Author Topic: I was browsing Android apps, and found this review...  (Read 3193 times)

Offline calee022

• Rebel Without a Point
  • Apprentice
I was browsing Android apps, and found this review...
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:54:52 am »
"I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS than you, hey-y, so watch out."  - FZ

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: I was browsing Android apps, and found this review...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »
Huh? O_o

He can't get one app to work so he returned the entire device?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Saturn500

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:49 pm »
Huh? O_o

She's a fundie, she obviously doesn't know how things work.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:51:52 pm »
Huh? O_o

What the hell were you reading?  I didn't see that in this review.  Secondly, I think her anger is justified over having an ad bug the shit out of her to install something she doesn't want to install.  I'm not sure if the vendors have any control over what apps are displayed or how ads are regulated, but I can totally see how this could sour someone's experience with this app.

Now, the whole "Satanic possession" bit might be a tad fundie, but other than that, I think the anger is totally justified.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »
I think I misread it but I thought he/she meant she returned her entire device because she was angry at the app. The all caps wharglbargl is confusing to read for me.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »
If there's a way to get this submitted to the mainpage, I'd be all for it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 09:19:46 pm »
I've gotta agree that ONE shit app is no reason to return an entire device.  Whether or not the review is actually fundie, that's some weapons grade stupid there.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51:43 pm »
I've gotta agree that ONE shit app is no reason to return an entire device.  Whether or not the review is actually fundie, that's some weapons grade stupid there.

Why the hell are you people reading that into this?  She reinstalled her Bible app, and made a point to bitch about how an ad in another app caused her phone to bitch at her to install something whenever she tried to access her Bible app.

Seriously, does anybody around here have any reading comprehension when it comes to stuff like this?  She said she returned back TO her device (AKA the home page), not "I returned my device."  I mean, geez.  I know you guys are eager to bash fundies and all, but you seriously need to read a little more carefully.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 11:18:36 pm »
She says "return back to my device," which is an unusual phrasing.  However, it should be read as exiting the app and returning to the main menu.  Her complaint is mostly valid, though she is also crazier than Gary Busey/Charlie Sheen lovechild.

As an aside, my phone tried to auto-correct device to devil.  Found that amusing.

Edit:  Because no message ca n escape unscathed, it somehow changed to into timeline on my original post.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:20:47 pm by Jack Mann »
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:51 am »
What the hell were you reading?  I didn't see that in this review.  Secondly, I think her anger is justified over having an ad bug the shit out of her to install something she doesn't want to install.  I'm not sure if the vendors have any control over what apps are displayed or how ads are regulated, but I can totally see how this could sour someone's experience with this app.

Now, the whole "Satanic possession" bit might be a tad fundie, but other than that, I think the anger is totally justified.
Being angry is justified, but it seems she's complaining about the wrong app. The problem is with the the way the Bible app is displaying ads, not with the app the ad happened to be advertising for.

Plus, the whole "You are infringing on my right to freedom of religion because I'm having trouble accessing the Bible in one particular way" thing.
Σא

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »
You could buy a Bible.  Just a thought.   Or you could steal one from a hotel room.  Just a better thought.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »
Hell, people give 'em away for free. I have two, and I certainly didn't pay for them or even request them in any way.
Σא