Author Topic: Domestic Violence Paper  (Read 1130 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Domestic Violence Paper
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »
As I mentioned in another thread, I am taking a Domestic Violence class this semester. The exact topic for the paper is flexible, but I have to be able to get 20-double spaced pages out of it. It also has to have some kind of connection to the law. (Although given the fact it involves domestic violence, just about anything will qualify.)

Although DV technically concerns child abuse as well as spousal abuse, the focus of the class is on spousal abuse. A topic relating to children would work, so long as it somehow connects to spousal abuse. (i.e. The effect on children from watching one parent abuse the other.)

Help. Please.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Domestic Violence Paper
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:14 pm »
The first idea sounds very interesting. I could see a report comparing the pro-abuse laws of ancient times to domestic violence apologists today.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Domestic Violence Paper
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:38 pm »
I'm personally interested in a paper on the second subject, mainly because it's a little-touched subject, and so many people believe that it is impossible for a woman to abuse a man (and most don't even have a single active thought one way or another on the potential of woman-on-woman abuse)

However, wording it carefully would be best... there are those misandrists who would jump on your paper (assuming it ever got released) as an anti-women paper.

The first one is also a good idea.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet