Author Topic: JC Penney CEO fired  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
JC Penney CEO fired
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:24:35 am »
Not really sure where to put this, but it is relevant to at least one of our members:

The CEO of JC Penney has been fired due to the sweeping changes that he tried to implement at the retialer.  He also got his salary reduced by 96% last year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/04/08/ron-johnson-penney-ceo/2064723/

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: JC Penney CEO fired
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:38 am »
I hope they find a decent replacement. It'll be sad if they end up going out of business due to complete incompetence.

That being said, last time I was in the store, I noticed a definite change in their clothing. Far better than I've seen in the past year.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:18 am »
As a JC Penney employee, this should be interesting...I've seen a ton of middle managers fired, I've seen a lot Johnson's ideas explode in his face, like the whole pricing thing(we're gone back coupons), the whole uniform idea, I wonder if the mobile pos(aka the libby) idea is the next to die, I've really gotten sick of the complaints, especially from the older folks. They've also bought back St. John's Bay brand in the women's department after customer complaints.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:57:37 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:56 am »
As a JC Penney employee, this should be interesting...I've seen a ton of middle managers fired, I've seen a lot Johnson's ideas explode in his face, like the whole pricing thing(we're gone back coupons), the whole uniform idea, I wonder if the mobile pos(aka the libby) idea is the next to die, I've really gotten sick of the complaints, especially from the older folks. They've also bought back St. John's Bay brand in women's department.

The mobile POS thing was just annoying, at least at my local store.  I still have to go to the register kiosk, they still scan using the  registers, but the payment part is done on iPods (as an aside, it's easier to program Android for this type of thing) using the rubber-tipped stylus.  I think that would have been ok if it had been implemented differently.

I noticed a huge shift in the big and tall section at my store, which sucked.  I don't think I've bought any clothes there in about 6 months, other than jeans.  I do like the jeans bar, since the Levis are half the price of the ones at Macy's and I'm at an odd between size right now (was a 44, lost at least a full size so the 42's fit me well now...one is B&T, the other is regular).  The iPads at the jeans bar suck though.  It would be better if they had an associate there.  I don't want technical specs on a pair of jeans, I want to know if the cut is giving or restrictive, etc.  I also want to know the difference between relaxed and loose, which the iPads won't tell me.

The main thing that Johnson either forgot or refused to acknowledge is that JCP is a mid-level department store.  It's a bit higher on the chain than Target, but lower than Macy's (for example).  He was trying to implement things that work for higher level boutique stores on a large scale, and that just doesn't work.

ETA - the nice part about St. John's Bay is that, even though the cut doesn't really stay once the clothes are washed, they are cheap and great for looking presentable when you need to.  I can run in and grab a SJB polo.  I noticed they had reduced the stock in the B&T section in favor of Van Hausen, which tends to be a horrible, unforgiving cut
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:07:50 am by Bezron »

Distind

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 11:17:11 am »
ETA - the nice part about St. John's Bay is that, even though the cut doesn't really stay once the clothes are washed, they are cheap and great for looking presentable when you need to.  I can run in and grab a SJB polo.  I noticed they had reduced the stock in the B&T section in favor of Van Hausen, which tends to be a horrible, unforgiving cut
I've been having good luck with the B&T Van Hausen button up shirts, actually long enough I'm not mooning the crowd should I bend over, and fits over my shoulders at the same time. Beyond that it kinda looks like a circus tent because it it fits both of those it's going to have too. I'd kill for some solid colors though, when you're tall and wide stripes are to be avoided if at all possible.

Since they're clearancing what I've been reffering to as "80s Hooker" now, I'm wondering just what will replace it.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:45 am »
Maybe they're bring back Ambrielle brand bra's, I love those. Though I do like Maidenform.

Offline Bezron

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »
I've been having good luck with the B&T Van Hausen button up shirts, actually long enough I'm not mooning the crowd should I bend over, and fits over my shoulders at the same time. Beyond that it kinda looks like a circus tent because it it fits both of those it's going to have too. I'd kill for some solid colors though, when you're tall and wide stripes are to be avoided if at all possible.

Since they're clearancing what I've been reffering to as "80s Hooker" now, I'm wondering just what will replace it.

I've had much better luck with Synergy brand from the Casual Male, if you haven't tried those.  A bit more expensive, though.  As near as I can tell (and according to what the clearly disgruntled store associate told me) they are phasing out the B&T section in favor of their own Foundry brand.  It doesn't mean that VH and SJB are going away, just that the selection will be reduced in favor of Foundry stuff.  Which I totally have had zero luck with so far.  The best part about JCP B&T for me was the t-shirts.  It is hard as hell to find a tall size (I'm a bit on the heavy side, but mostly just long in the torso, so I need tall sizes for  tops) that doesn't either look like a potato sack or the neck doesn't stretch out after one washing.  My favorite superhero shirts are JCP talls (I have 5 total, and 2 of them are the same but bought a year apart)