Author Topic: Christians on this site?  (Read 20888 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Christians on this site?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 02:35:05 am »
Yeah, I'm a christian.

I think that the main reasons why people like Prog and I have gotten along with the rest of the forumites is that we don't preach our beliefs. In fact if you look at the threads you will see that it if very rare for anyone to push their beliefs on this forum. It's not the point of the mainpage of the forum.

There is occasionally discussion of beliefs but very rarely. Political talk is more common.

In general religion or lack of, is a touchy matter and easily leads to arguments. This is a shame since it is an interesting subject.

Also, I am still freaked out that someone would even jokingly call me cool.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 06:08:34 am »
I'm a Christian as well. I believe in the central concepts of Christianity where God and salvation are concerned, but I don't take part in the surrounding absurd beliefs that:

All scientific evidence must be ignored if it contradicts what one already believes.
Being attracted to one's own gender is some kind of crime against nature.
etc.

wrightway

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:42 am »
I was a Christian, but I realized I was in it for all the wrong reasons. My family was slightly nicer to me when I was attending church with them. Not enough, though, to make denying every other aspect of myself worth while.

Distind

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 09:19:14 am »
I was about to say "Dragon-Check" but it sounds like this guy has history here.
Maybe it is Dynamic Dragon posing as a known troll.

Conspirisu!
He'd have to be going through a fair bit of work based on what I see, so probably not.

Just so everyone knows, it really is me.
Hey there, been a while. Looks like someone beat me to the punch on mentioning Sandman. There's only a handful of people I can say I honestly fully respect, but he was one of them.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 10:07:10 am »
*raises hand*

Roman Catholic.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »
This has nothing to really do with anything I posted SpaceProg, but I just recently got into watching Dr. Who. I'm on the 2nd season of the new TV show now. Good stuff.

Glad to hear. And I'm sure you're aware all of us who know of you are watching you closely.

In the spirit of the topic: I was baptized and had my first communion. We hopped from Catholicism and moved around to Presbyterian and the like. My dad's somewhat of an atheist now, and I'm the dirty pagan. My mum's Christian but I dunno what denomination she ascribes to now.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:01 pm »
You seem vaguely familiar.

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 11:48:01 pm »
This has nothing to really do with anything I posted SpaceProg, but I just recently got into watching Dr. Who. I'm on the 2nd season of the new TV show now. Good stuff.

Glad to hear. And I'm sure you're aware all of us who know of you are watching you closely.

In the spirit of the topic: I was baptized and had my first communion. We hopped from Catholicism and moved around to Presbyterian and the like. My dad's somewhat of an atheist now, and I'm the dirty pagan. My mum's Christian but I dunno what denomination she ascribes to now.

I expect that, though I think you'll find me a lot different now. At least I hope so. I thought I was banned from here but being years ago I don't really remember. Though I did have to sign up, I was kind of surprised I was able to use my old name.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 01:04:41 am »
Why would anyone want to imitate you just to ban you?

Ironbite-that's....that's some egotism there.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:01 am »
I think the confusion is that we've switched servers at least once or twice since the last time Chris was here. His ban must not have carried over.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 01:36:30 am »
I think the confusion is that we've switched servers at least once or twice since the last time Chris was here. His ban must not have carried over.

Bans were "forgiven" when we moved to these forums. That is why Chris could sign up again and why nothing will be done to him now unless he breaks the rules.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 02:11:42 am »
Guess I missed yet another bit of FSTDT Forum drama.  I'm intrigued, but I'm not going to ask for fear of tearing open scars.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 11:40:30 am »

I expect that, though I think you'll find me a lot different now. At least I hope so. I thought I was banned from here but being years ago I don't really remember. Though I did have to sign up, I was kind of surprised I was able to use my old name.

Hi, Chris.  Been a while.  How you been?  Now that that's out of the way, I'm really interested to see just how you're "a lot different" that you were in the past.  This could get interesting.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 01:48:02 pm »
I guess I'm a little more mature, a little more laid back. My reason for coming here will always be the same, but my motives and action should reflect my change in attitude. Also, it's good to talk to you again. You are one of the people I remember from before.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »
Okay, we'll see if that's the case.  If you recall, we butted heads a few times as well as you with several other forum members.  I'd like to think that although we disagree on philosophically we can now have some civil discourse.  I have my hopes, but, honestly, my expectations are not as strong considering the past.  It's up to you.

The biggest thing you have to remember is that this site, especially the main page, is not here to disparage all religion or all believers of any religion.  As has already been pointed out, we have quite a number of religious members here, although that doesn't necessarily mean Christian.  It's main purpose is to display, have a good laugh at, and/or refute some of the more outlandish, nonsensical, or outright incorrect things that some of the fundiest amongst us utter.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.