Author Topic: Journalist Michael Hastings dies in car crash  (Read 878 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Journalist Michael Hastings dies in car crash
« on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »
The journalist and author Michael Hastings died at the age of 33 on Tuesday morning. According to his employer BuzzFeed, Hastings was killed in a car crash in Los Angeles.

“We are shocked and devastated by the news that Michael Hastings is gone,” Ben Smith, BuzzFeed Editor-in-Chief, said in a statement. “Michael was a great, fearless journalist with an incredible instinct for the story, and a gift for finding ways to make his readers care about anything he covered from wars to politicians. He wrote stories that would otherwise have gone unwritten, and without him there are great stories that will go untold. Michael was also a wonderful, generous colleague and a joy to work with. Our thoughts are with Elise and and the rest of his family and we are going to miss him.”

Hastings gained national attention in 2010 after exposing inflammatory comments made by Gen. Stanley McChrystal about President Barack Obama and the civilian leadership of the military.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/18/journalist-michael-hastings-dies-in-car-crash/

I don't know if anyone here knows of this guy, but I do.
RIP.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
Re: Journalist Michael Hastings dies in car crash
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:23 am »
the good die young....
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.