Author Topic: Save the masturbating fetuses  (Read 3815 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Save the masturbating fetuses
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:53:25 pm »
In a preview of the many pronouncements to come on the floor of Congress as the House debates a legislative ban on all abortions after 20 weeks, allow us to introduce you to Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas), who believes that abortion should be banned earlier than the Supreme Court says it should because, in part, he knows fetuses feel pain. He knows this because he says he's seen male fetuses begin masturbating in the womb around 15 weeks into a pregnancy.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/06/michael-burgess-fetus-masturbation/66345/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:56:35 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Save the masturbating fetuses
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:16:22 pm »
LMAO! Surely that will inspire some even-more-fucked-up fundie to say any fetus masturbating is obviously demon spawn = abortion via exorcism, approved!  :P
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:22:29 pm »
"he knows fetuses feel pain"

wrightway

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:54:08 pm »
A fetus begins to get a grasping reflex around 14-15 weeks. The little buggers will grab hold of anything they can reach. It's not masturbation.

Also, how does he know they're male? Sex is near impossible to tell before 20 weeks.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »
a) Ewww.

b) I do not believe this claim.

c) IF someone gives me any real evidence that that supports this claim it is simply further evidence that the world is a weird and creepy place.
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »
Hey it's Fundie Logic: I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:12 pm »
Whatever reality they exist in I want to obliterate.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »
Color me unsurprised that the one thing remotely close to a fully fledged human that they could empathize with was a masturbating fetus!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »
In other news, fundies will literally say ANYTHING to try and prove their point.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 08:01:08 pm »
Um... can they even TELL what gender the fetus is at that stage? O.o Also, if children don't feel sexual urges (with the rare, sad exceptions), then what the fuck makes this moron think that a fucking FETUS would??

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »
b) I do not believe this claim.

c) IF someone gives me any real evidence that that supports this claim it is simply further evidence that the world is a weird and creepy place.

Good news. The claim is false, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a professional association for OB/GYNs.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

wrightway

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32:56 am »
I just got an email from a women's rights group saying this passed the House. Is that true? Please tell me they're sadly mistaken...

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:38 am »

Oh somebody with 'shop skills...this begs for thought balloons. Rep. Burgess is the meat in the middle of this fuckwit sandwich.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 08:14:17 am »
Um... can they even TELL what gender the fetus is at that stage? O.o Also, if children don't feel sexual urges (with the rare, sad exceptions), then what the fuck makes this moron think that a fucking FETUS would??

Is it not normal for children to feel sexual urges then?

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 09:33:49 am »
Kids do have puppy-like sexual urges and get crushes and w/e starting at late toddler to four or five. It's a normal result of development. Nothing to feel squeamish about, but I think our heightened awareness and fear of pederasts makes people feel uncomfortable regarding anything remotely sexual in nature in re children. Very understandable.