Author Topic: George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Yeah I know we're all probably sick of hearing about this guy but I found this article on Yahoo news. I got to wonder if the media is now trying to paint him as the good guy?

http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue-174553647--abc-news-topstories.html

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of Dana and Mark Gerstle and their two children, who were trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:15:14 am »
Unfortunately, some people don't seem to give him a benefit of a doubt. I've seen a comment saying he can perform this amazing feat but was somehow being beaten by a smaller Trayvon.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:21:05 am »
Well the story just said he helped them get out. Not like he went all superman and lifted up the car. Besides which just because he shot and killed a child doesn't mean he can't otherwise do good things. Likewise doing other good things doesn't change the fact that he shot and killed a child. (And when asked if he would change anything about that night said he wouldn't)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:00:43 am »
Yeah, I never got the impression that Zimmerman is some kind of cold-blooded sociopath. A person can be capable of doing both good and shitty things.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 01:09:21 am »
You know, I still think he's guilty, but if he devotes himself to going around saving lives, I won't hate him.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:33:01 am »
Zimmerman doing something good? Good on him. Hopefully it doesn't feed the hero complex that lead to him killing a teenager. That said, I am NOT looking forward to the Facebook posts that try to justify him killing a teenager by saying that this family would have died if he were charged. Because apparently a teenager had to die for him to help a family get out of their overturned vehicle.
Who needs a signature?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 02:47:26 am »
Zimmerman doing something good? Good on him. Hopefully it doesn't feed the hero complex that lead to him killing a teenager. That said, I am NOT looking forward to the Facebook posts that try to justify him killing a teenager by saying that this family would have died if he were charged. Because apparently a teenager had to die for him to help a family get out of their overturned vehicle.
Well, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, so don't kill me, technically, yes, he did. You see, had Trayvon not died, Zimmerman would have never had all this publicity, and therefore would have not been in hiding in this location, and therefore, would have not been there to help. However, on the flip side, we don't know what kind of butterfly effect Trayvon not dying, and therefore the lack of controversy and the media circus, would have had, and this family may have never ended up in a car accident without Trayvon's death.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 03:30:14 am »
Well, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, so don't kill me, technically, yes, he did. You see, had Trayvon not died, Zimmerman would have never had all this publicity, and therefore would have not been in hiding in this location, and therefore, would have not been there to help. However, on the flip side, we don't know what kind of butterfly effect Trayvon not dying, and therefore the lack of controversy and the media circus, would have had, and this family may have never ended up in a car accident without Trayvon's death.

A nice try at devils advocate, but Zimmerman was one of two people who responded to the accident. Hence had Zimmerman not not killed Trayvon, and had carried on being a dangerously deluded guy with a hero complex, the family would still have been saved. The only reason we are hearing anything about this is because the news loves following Zimmerman, and they especially love making him out to be an amazing person who is a hero to all pale skinned people everywhere. While brushing his restraining orders and history of violence under the carpet.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

A nice try at devils advocate, but Zimmerman was one of two people who responded to the accident. Hence had Zimmerman not not killed Trayvon, and had carried on being a dangerously deluded guy with a hero complex, the family would still have been saved. The only reason we are hearing anything about this is because the news loves following Zimmerman, and they especially love making him out to be an amazing person who is a hero to all pale skinned people everywhere. While brushing his restraining orders and history of violence under the carpet.
Well, I don't know his exact involvement in this, but you could very well be right. And, as I said, the crash may have never happened if they he had never shot Trayvon.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »
I have no dog in this fight, but "child" my ass.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Distind

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »
I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, then my brain went "Wait, so this twit still has a police scanner?" or was he just close enough to notice the accident?

He's rather clearly indicated he does not possess the judgement required to be involved in emergency services, helping someone out of a car doesn't change that. Crowing about it doesn't help my opinion on that matter either.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 06:08:37 pm »
I agree, he's still not someone I would trust as a cop. However, I wouldn't have a problem with him as an EMT or a firefighter, and might sooner or later actually not mind him if he saved enough people's lives. For me, there comes a time where the good outweighs the evil. It's kinda like my opinion on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. While it was a horrible act to destroy two civilian cities, an invasion would have killed millions on both sides, and given the Russians a shot at Japan. Therefore, while it was a horrible act, I forgive it and don't mind it, because the good that happened from it. I find this comparison odd, but fitting. If Zimmerman lived the rest of his life trying to make up for this and saving lives, I would not hate him.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 06:14:15 pm »
This is actually pretty in-character for Zimmerman from my perspective.

He didn't kill Martin because he was looking for an excuse to shoot some darkies or because he's a psychopath. He's definitely racist if his Myspace and the claims of Witness 9 are true (which also suggests that he's a child molester). But look at the rest of his past: he wanted to become a police officer. He's a guy who wants to be a hero, probably someone who wants to be praised for "doing the right thing".

Stalking Martin was a shitty thing to do and could have at least gotten him a warning from police if he had been caught doing it without making a call to the police during it, and he was intentionally putting himself in a situation where he could end up in a violent confrontation. But he didn't do it because he's evil or wanted an excuse to use his gun. He wanted to be the hero: catch the criminal and be loved by everyone. But he was too much of an idiot and too arrogant to actually go about it properly, and instead chose to antagonize and intimidate an innocent person until he got punched in the nose, then panicked and murdered the other guy. Not evil, just an idiot who wants to be the hero.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »
So yeah, get him to be a firefighter or EMT. He won't be in a position to shoot anyone, but will gladly risk his life for others, to try to be a hero. I'd rather him risk his own life saving others, because it's putting a bad trait to good use.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:36 pm »
So yeah, get him to be a firefighter or EMT. He won't be in a position to shoot anyone, but will gladly risk his life for others, to try to be a hero. I'd rather him risk his own life saving others, because it's putting a bad trait to good use.

I'd rather not have him in any position where he has to save someone. Along with the fact that he seems more willing to take stupid risks and endanger himself and others in the name of heroism, he's also a pretty apparent racist and a confirmed violent criminal who (at least when it occurred) was hardly remorseful about his actions. He'd be more likely to try and use his status as a firefighter or EMT as bragging rights during a drunken argument, or skip steps and take unnecessary risks while saving lives.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.