Author Topic: Colorado school board member: castrate the "boys" who "think they are girls"  (Read 15416 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/colorado-school-board-member-wants-some-transgender-students-castrated-1.2442053

A Delta County School Board member in Colorado stands by her comments that transgender students should be castrated before they're allowed to use bathrooms that fit their gender identity.

“I just want to emphasize, not in this district. Not until the plumbing’s changed," she told a public meeting of the school board last month. "There would have to be castration in order to pass something like that around here.”

“I don’t have a problem if some boys think they are girls,” she said. “I’m just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they’re not going to go in the girls’ locker-room.”

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
...Being a transwoman I will say this, fuck, this woman and all who agree with her do these people honestly think we want to do shit to people while in the bathroom we just want to use the restroom like every other person so to have the gall to say I have to be fucking castrated makes me fucking furious fuck this bitch and I hope she loses her fucking job and is blacklisted from every office known to mankind and beyond.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Too angry to think of witty way to say that I'm angry.

So I'll just say it.  I'm angry and potentially wishing harm on this individual right now.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Is it possible to castrate women in any way? Because if it is, I think I know someone who should have that done...
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
“I’m just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they’re not going to go in the girls’ locker-room.”

Yes, clearly the entire reason separate bathrooms exist is to prevent impregnation. That's logic for you.

I would point out that there's plenty of way to avoid pregnancy that don't involve castration, but it'd be tangential to the point. Which is that apparently people have a hard time understanding concepts like "gender identity" or "body autonomy". Or "not screwing over people's lives just because they don't fit your narrow and idiotic view of how things should be".
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Oh and she's in Colorado.  Hope she lives in a red town come next election.

Ironbite-or she might be seeing blue.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.

If she's in Denver, she's TOAST.

... And I don't think Vail would save her either, no matter how douche-tastic those fuckers are otherwise.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast

Well, her county is in a House district currently held by Republicans, with a margin of 12 percentage points in 2012. As for the state legislature, the county is split into two House districts, one Republican and one Democratic, and the Senate district is Democratic.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
I actually find this quite funny in a really sad way.
I wonder how she would take it when trans people turn around to her and accept her deal, provided she pays for it and manages to get past all the legal and medical hurdles.
If trans people could, they really wouldn't spend 1.5 years of their lives going through a long annoying transition process, and that does not even look at things like getting the money to go through it. Most would jump at the opportunity to transition completely tomorrow.

Not to mention that someone on hormone replacement therapy, will find it almost impossible to get someone pregnant, so that is also a stupid argument of hers.

It is really sad to me how people like this, just don't get it. Trans people don't do anything, transition included because they want to, they do it, and they do it in the manner they do because they Have to.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
The all-too-prevalent impregnated in the lavatory by a transgender student problem.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Not the first time people have demanded forced castration/sterilization of trans individuals. In fact, in some places in order to be considered fully transitioned you have to be sterilized.

Doesn't make it any easier to swallow, though.

The idea that transpeople are perverts and rapists and that's all they actually are is very disturbing. The fact that a lot of cispeople are more concerned about a transperson's genitals than the transperson themselves... hilarious.

I haven't even heard of a case where someone claimed they were trans when caught peeking at someone in the bathroom. The situation is a boogeyman for many cispeople.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
People fear what they don't understand, and they fear it so much that they refuse to even try.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Not the first time people have demanded forced castration/sterilization of trans individuals. In fact, in some places in order to be considered fully transitioned you have to be sterilized.

In Finland one of the mandatory things that must be done before the sex reassignment surgery is sterilisation. Despite the fact that it is completely unnecessary. There are protests against it and people are lobbying for having that changed.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
But you guys are so tolerant  ::)  actually in most places that is the norm  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of_transsexualism#Canada
Also strangely enough places that stone gay people are fine with transgender people side eyes Iran