Author Topic: Mikhail Kalashnikov is dead.  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Mikhail Kalashnikov is dead.
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:28:23 am »
http://www.news.com.au/world/mikhail-kalashnikov-to-get-heroes-funeral-in-russia/story-fndir2ev-1226790923797

I hadn't even heard about his death and they already held the funeral.

He always seemed like a nice old guy, quiet and patriotic. He never really profited hugely from his design, though at least in public he didn't seem to mind that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Mikhail Kalashnikov is dead.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 03:55:32 am »
Well... shit.  As a gun afficianado, the Kalashnikov was one of the Russian guns I admired greatly alongside the AK... damn.  That kinda sucks.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 06:56:49 am »
I think in a list of most influential persons list, this guy has a pretty good shot of making the top 10.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:16 am »
One of the men who helped shape modern combat, I take my metaphorical hat off to you and wish your family the best.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:18:19 pm »
Well... shit.  As a gun afficianado, the Kalashnikov was one of the Russian guns I admired greatly alongside the AK... damn.  That kinda sucks.

The "AK" in AK-47 mean Avtomat Kalashnikova, or Automatic/asssault Kalishnikov. It's an unbelievably common design, it's been turned into sub-machine guns, heavy machine guns, sniper rifles, semi-automatic carbines, shotguns, it's been stolen by the Chinese and used to arm their enormous army, is routinely knocked off in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Africa, South America... It can fire 7.62, it can fire 12 gauge, it can even fire 5.56 NATO rounds. It is just about the weapon of our age.

And he wasn't even an infantryman! He drove a tank!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR