Author Topic: A 35 page accepted Masters paper  (Read 1403 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
A 35 page accepted Masters paper
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:52:26 pm »
A 35 page accepted Masters paper…I have never seen this before. This is not from some diploma mill either, this was approved by Carolina Reid and Karen Chapple of the University of California, Berkeley. Also presented at the 2013 DCRP Professional Research Symposium too!

A digital copy of the paper is here: THE “GOOGLE SHUTTLE EFFECT:” GENTRIFICATION AND SAN FRANCISCO’S DOT COM BOOM 2.0 by ALEXANDRA GOLDMAN

That whole paper is a train wreck. The punchline is the conclusion though. Parts are bolded for your immedate attention and humor. Keep in mind the entire purpose of this paper is: "This paper seeks to link the invisible processes of gentrification with the visible, in the hope of keeping San Francisco a just and equitable city."

Additionally, though I have provided some context for displacement in San Francisco as a whole, it is not possible to measure displacement in these specific areas without a more thorough qualitative or survey-­‐based study, which is beyond the scope of my research here.

This dataset was a selection of rental listings across certain time periods.  We were unable to compare the same property across time periods. This prevented the application of significance testing without more advanced models which were outside the scope of this work.   

Future research should attempt to control for confounding variables, such as  negative externalities caused by bus noise, and variations in neighborhoods and units (perhaps controlling for number of bathrooms or other amenities if possible). In addition, a study that tracks rental prices for the same unit around a new shuttle stop from a year or two prior, to several years after the implementation of the stop might be better able to deduce causation. However, while this study does not prove that the shuttle stops are having an impact, it does provide compelling descriptive evidence that the San Francisco Tenants Union, and other anti-­‐gentrification activists, can use to help draw political attention to the problem.

There is no fucking point to this study! Not even statistical testing! It’s not fair! I had to do research papers that had a minimum requirement of 100 pages. The review board didn’t even read half of it, they set the minimum for the lulz as a barrier for entry. I learned how to use multiple versions of SPSS including AMOS to perform multiple types of analyses for every damn variable. This was just for a bachelor’s degree! And this asshole gets a masters for fucking nothing!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:09:44 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: A 35 page accepted Masters paper
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:55:01 pm »
What the deuce?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: A 35 page accepted Masters paper
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:55:10 am »
What the deuce?

Given the sample TIM showed us, that's probably more accurate than you first meant.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.