Author Topic: The Matt Walsh Blog  (Read 4410 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
The Matt Walsh Blog
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »
Link (for those who dare)

I don't even know where to begin with this guy.  The best I can say about him is that every now and then he makes some good points on an issue.  But unless you're willing to wade through the long winded ramblings of an extremely opinionated, loud mouthed, judgmental jerkass, I wouldn't bother.  There is something really really arrogant about this guy that just makes me want to reach through the screen and strangle him.  Sure, a lot of it is just typical right wing paranoia, but he has also said some especially nasty things (particularly about adults who still live at home) which makes his preachy Christian posts all the more infuriating. 

Apparently, he's got some liberal fans, which I find extremely puzzling because I find him miles more obnoxious than your typical tea partier. 

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: The Matt Walsh Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »
Isn't he a randoid?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:23 pm »
Isn't he a randoid?

I knew there was a reason the name sounded familiar! I've heard of this fucker before! No wonder I went looking for my sledgehammer.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:12 pm »
Isn't he a randoid?

I knew there was a reason the name sounded familiar! I've heard of this fucker before! No wonder I went looking for my sledgehammer.
I say we hit him over the head with a copy of Atlas Shrugged until he realizes how dumb Objectivism is.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »
What drives me nuts about this guy is his hypocrisy. 

Here's an exert.

Now, it’s true that I am a man and so I have no right to form an opinion on whether a fetus ought to be suffocated, either in its pre or post-birth stage of development. We know that one cannot reach an objective conclusion unless one is emotionally tied to the issue at hand, which is why, according to the dictates of jurisprudence, every jury is stacked with people who’ve been personally victimized by whatever type of crime the defendant stands accused.

Ah of course, the old liberal/secularists are too emotionally involved to think straight and need the "rational" conservative Christians to respond.  You know, the same ones who act as if gay marriage will destroy civilization.  Yeah, those people never use emotional arguments.   ::)

He's had quite a few other posts of this nature as well.  And with the same sarcastic, condescending tone that makes one want to puke. 

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 01:54:03 pm »

Now, it’s true that I am a man and so I have no right to form an opinion on whether a fetus ought to be suffocated, either in its pre or post-birth stage of development. We know that one cannot reach an objective conclusion unless one is emotionally tied to the issue at hand, which is why, according to the dictates of jurisprudence, every jury is stacked with people who’ve been personally victimized by whatever type of crime the defendant stands accused.

Does he think that tossing word salads like this will make him sound like an intellectual? Because, he's wrong.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 02:37:58 pm »
^

Probably, he even had a post talking about how he hates "list" blog posts because it shows laziness or some bullshit.  Here's what he has to say about that.

I recently took to Twitter to vent my righteous rage at the proliferation of list articles.
You know, list articles: the crutch used by many a lazy blogger who’d rather write in short, choppy, numbered sentences instead of full paragraphs, because full paragraphs necessitate the formation of full thoughts, which only come to those who write because they actually have something to say.

Yeah because people who make lists have nothing to say.   ::)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:02:49 pm »
To be fair, he's not first person to complain about the surge in popularity for the listicle (I hate that word, but I don't have a good alternative).

Like most things, it can be used for good or evil. Cracked usually uses the list as a convenient format for organizing information, and mostly uses full paragraphs within their list entries. Some other websites (*cough* BuzzFeed *cough*) use it as a way to pad their pages and make it look like a handful of sentences with pictures interspersed make an article.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 09:12:09 pm »
I like lists. Those things are fun. Neat little bites of info in list form.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:59:18 pm »
I like lists. Those things are fun. Neat little bites of info in list form.
I agree.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 10:39:45 pm »
Me 3.  What's wrong with writing info in a way that's easily communicated to viewers?  Why does everything have to be essay form? 

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »
RAGE

So this guy writes Matt a letter blasting him for his stance on minimum wage laws.  It hit close to home because I'm in a similar position as the LW.  Basically, he can't find a good job.  For those who don't want to wade through this (and I would not blame you at all), he basically says "suck it up" and assumes that the LW is a lazy bum who wants everything handed to him.  He also tells him he's not worth additional pay.  Not that it's surprising.  He's a conservative Christian, they tend to have abusive and cruel beliefs, but it doesn't make what he says any less wrong.

Oh yeah, he also supports voter id laws.  He actually comes up with a good argument, but uses it in a poor context.

It’s everyone’s favorite form of irony – the one where you reveal your own prejudice by calling someone else prejudiced.
It usually looks like this:
Person A: “Man, I really dislike it when people murder their pet hamsters!”
Person B: “Hey! Why do you hate Australians?”

This actually is kind of a trend from those on both sides of the political spectrum.  Ironically, the first thing I thought of was how Conservative Christians think that their bigoted views should be considered above the rights of those they are against. 

Too bad the context he uses this in is to defend voter I.D. laws... somehow...

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »
Gonna necro this thread for The Anti Matt Walsh Blog

She reads his bullshit so we don't have to.

In all seriousness, it's nice to see websites countering the BS and lies that pundits like Walsh spout.   

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 04:42:58 pm »
Why do I continue to punish myself reading such bullshit?  His latest: He won't teach his kids about safe sex because he doesn't believe there is a such thing.  He makes some crazy analogies comparing sex to drunk driving.  Then somehow blames our culture for making people paranoid about sex.   ::) :P :-\

Though like I said, he does occasionally have a point.  This was actually a really good blog post.  On how he's sick of worrying about what people think about his kids.  Even though I admit to being very annoyed at kids throwing fits in public, I gotta applaud him here. 

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 07:38:38 pm »
How is both a Randroid AND a conservative Christian at the same time. someone should tell him how much Ayn Rand's philosophy clashes with the non-economic parts of the Religious Right ideology.