Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3 will have female cast  (Read 4514 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Ghostbusters 3 will have female cast
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »
Apparently there is a theory going around that they are also making an all-male Ghostbusters film to appease MRAs and to strike a blow against strong beautiful women.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 09:20:32 pm »
I'm disappointed to read that it'll be an AU remake instead of a continuation.  That's pretty much all I have to say until I see it though.  I'll probably not head out to the theaters to watch it though.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:20 am »
These days all Hollywood seems to be obsessed with remakes of old movies or movies "based on X."

Some are good, like Dredd, but mainly we seem to get stuff like "Battleship, based on the boardgame." (And Spiderman movies keep starting all over again... Much like there are three continuities of Batman movies, plus all the cartoons that are also separate continuities...)

I for one am willing to look at the Ghostbusters as a "new" movie rather than a sequel if they are trying to make it such.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 02:00:39 pm »
The problem I have with this is the same problem I had with the Abrams Star Treks: they take something with so much potential and instead of taking us in a new direction with new, well developed characters along side characters we already know and love, they get stuck on the original characters "with a twist." Why think up a new person with their own traits and quirks when you can just recast an old one.

"Everyone loved Kirk. Lets make him an obnoxious 20-something asshole."
"Everyone loved Venkman. Lets give him tits."

What could they have done if they really wanted female cast members? Could have made her Venkman's daughter and her friend to join her dad and Ray Stantz to carry on the business now that the originals are retiring/have retired. That would have given us interactions with original characters while also gradually allowing us time to get used to new characters so an all/mostly female cast in Ghostbusters 4 wouldn't come as such a shock and would have allowed us to have a new fucking story besides another god damn prequel.

To make it clear, I'm not against this because they wanted female members. I'm against this because it's another lazy damn prequel (origin story) "with a twist" instead of something new.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 07:59:18 am »
^This.