Author Topic: Bachmann's America  (Read 32775 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: Bachmann's America
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2012, 03:01:38 pm »
Yes, well, would Americans like it if we Scots based our entire opinion of your culture on the hi jinks of a few inbred Appalachian hillbillies? (And yes, I am aware that the vast majority of Appalachian hillbillies are of Scots-Irish descent. That's what we call "EYE-ron-EEE" in the big wide world.)
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »
It also makes you look like some kind of freak in the eyes of people who otherwise might associate with you, so again, lose-lose situation.

You make it sound like there were kids who would have otherwise associated with me.

I'd have associated with you.

That's horseshit, I never make the first move.

No, you would have associated with me if I had been as I am now.  Which I most definitely wasn't.

I wasn't really the same either, so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »
Yes, well, would Americans like it if we Scots based our entire opinion of your culture on the hi jinks of a few inbred Appalachian hillbillies? (And yes, I am aware that the vast majority of Appalachian hillbillies are of Scots-Irish descent. That's what we call "EYE-ron-EEE" in the big wide world.)

Go ahead, we already do that to ourselves :V
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:58 am »
I notice he said nothing about his porridge.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا