Author Topic: Because Hitler on T-Rex and dancing Putin weren't enough  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Because Hitler on T-Rex and dancing Putin weren't enough
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:26:08 am »
This is the latest trailer for the second Iron sky:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM13yXlW-Vs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM13yXlW-Vs</a>

They also did a trailer were they had a cult leader not totally unlike Steve Jobs (Played by Tom Green.) ...So this isn't the first time they mock a messiah, *Badumb tish* Get it? Becasause Apple fanboys are like a cult? ...Yea, I'll just get my coat and leave.

I think at this point they are just trying to figure out how to outdo their previous trailers...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Because Hitler on T-Rex and dancing Putin weren't enough
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:23:17 am »
Oh boy, I'm sure this'll be fun.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:01:48 am »
Yep. The people complaining in Iron Sky's Facebook wall and Youtube comments are entertaining and I guess the butthurt is just starting to spread. I guess this will guarantee more visibility and funding for the project and will provide enough entertainment even if the movie itself ended up sucking.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:03:46 am »

HELL YES! All we need are Aussie witch doctor special forces and we'll be good to go! The more agony aunts that complain about this film, the better.

Man, even if  this sucks, this will be a ungodly awesome trainwreck the likes of which has never been. Muscle Jesus versus Thule-empowered Hitler on a T Rex is a great concept for a film itself.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:07:38 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 09:13:02 am »
Yeah, a lot of people are saying they will no longer support the film because they made fun of Jesus. Some people are complaining that they wouldn't dare to do the same to Mohammed. And then there are those who are in fact enjoying this and WANT the movie to make fun of Christ and christians and are enjoying the butthurt resulting from the video.

So far this has caused more vocal outbursts on the Facebook than the Putin video did, but has not been on the news as much.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 09:35:22 am »
Yeah, a lot of people are saying they will no longer support the film because they made fun of Jesus. Some people are complaining that they wouldn't dare to do the same to Mohammed. And then there are those who are in fact enjoying this and WANT the movie to make fun of Christ and christians and are enjoying the butthurt resulting from the video.

So far this has caused more vocal outbursts on the Facebook than the Putin video did, but has not been on the news as much.

Well, they have a point, considering that even the most respectful portrayals of Muhammad get the Muslim fanatics in a tizzy.  For example, the film Mohammad, Messenger Of God was a movie produced and directed by Moustapha Akkad, a Muslim who consulted Muslim clerics on how to avoid giving offense (for instance, any scene where Muhammad is present is shot from his point of view to avoid depicting him).  That didn't prevent an extremist attack on the film's premiere.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 09:54:12 am »
Well... Muslims really should calm down a bit, but the butthurt is quite strong amongst the christians as well. I particularly liked when someone saw this as an attack against Catholism specifically, because obviously Jesus is only a Catholic figure of worship rather than being important to all branches of christianity as well as a prophet according to Jewish and Islamic faiths.

And the obligatory "this is racist" comment because of a white actor for Jesus. (Actually, considering that this particular actor is one of the Dudesons, the Finnish equivalent of Jackass, I was a bit suprised that they didn't really nail him onto a cross. At least they put the nails in proper place rather than putting them through his palms like most depictions of Jesus do.)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:48:56 am by askold »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »
Well... Muslims really should calm down a bit

That's the understatement of the century.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 06:07:58 am »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:49 pm »
And lo the Lord sayeth, I have more dakka than thou, Hitler!!

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer