Author Topic: Report claims: ALPHA MALES love spicy food  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Report claims: ALPHA MALES love spicy food
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:58:42 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11293112/Men-who-like-spicier-food-are-alpha-males-with-higher-levels-of-testosterone-French-report-claims.html

Apparently I am just not "ALPHA MALE" material because I do not like spicy foods. That and this line in particular:

They may now start to view spice as a virility test and attempt to prove their manliness by consuming eye-wateringly hot food.

Made me response that I am just not cut out to be an ALPHA because I don't like to hurt myself just because I think it would make me look "cool" or "manly." ...Someone then asked if the swords don't hurt when people hit me with them but in my defense, I do that hobby for altogether different reasons than "looking manly." It is the only way I can get an erection anymore... -joke

Then again, judging by this line:
The American scientist James M. Dabbs described testosterone as the hormone of "heroes, rogues and lovers" in a book published in 2000. He also linked high testosterone with violent crime and sexual assaults.

Manliness may have downsides as well.

Meh, the accuracy of that study might be debatable anyway.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Report claims: ALPHA MALES love spicy food
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:08:14 pm »
I honestly find that study more than a little dubious.  And this coming from a man who does like spicy food.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »
I know, but I thought it was funny.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
Hey, I love buffalo wings!
If you need me I'll be on hugging a Madoka Magica body pillow and writing reddit posts about why sexual harrasment is a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:58:32 pm by I am lizard »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »
Glad to find out that my wife is an alpha male.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »
Guess I'll never be ALPHA MANLY, then. I can't even eat mild jambalaya without my eyes watering.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »
I honestly find that study more than a little dubious.  And this coming from a man who does like spicy food.

Testosterone is linked to twelve billion different things, I'm not surprised it's also linked to taste in food.

The "alpha male" part seems like commentary added by journalists rather than the scientists, if that's what you object to.
Σא

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »
mmmm Buffalo Wings
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »
Well it's good to see I will never be alpha (I hate spicy food, always have always will.)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »
Had some extremely spicy nuggets the other night with ma and pa.  Spicy as all hell but I enjoyed 'em.  Especially when I cut 'em with a bit of very sweet BBQ sauce.

Ironbite-though the average Indian would've looked at me and called me a pussy.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
So does this mean that MRA's are gonna start proclaiming Mexicans and Indians the master races?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 02:08:13 am »
So does this mean that MRA's are gonna start proclaiming Mexicans and Indians the master races?

I think you are mixing up MRA's and racists. I'm not saying there can't be an overlap but MRA movement seems to be about individuals rather than which race is superiour, so they should have no problem saying that many Mexicans and Indians are REAL MEN(tm) but they would also try to eat spicy food (or at least claim that they eat really spicy food) so that they can claim they are superiour to the pussified weaklings around them.

Actually they would probably use this study as a proof that women have intentionally ruined the western civilization with their lame cooking or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:09:44 am by askold »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:36 am »

I think you are mixing up MRA's and racists. I'm not saying there can't be an overlap but MRA movement seems to be about individuals rather than which race is superiour, so they should have no problem saying that many Mexicans and Indians are REAL MEN(tm) but they would also try to eat spicy food (or at least claim that they eat really spicy food) so that they can claim they are superiour to the pussified weaklings around them.

Actually they would probably use this study as a proof that women have intentionally ruined the western civilization with their lame cooking or something like that.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing they've said.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 01:20:40 am »
I fucking love spicy foods.

So...maybe, just maybe, I might finally be able to be "alpha"...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »
I love spicy stuff so much I'd put Sriracha sauce on ice cream.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.