Author Topic: Finnish trolling up to 11  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Finnish trolling up to 11
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:12:20 am »
The clothing company H&M released a new clothing line of "metal" jackets and shirts. The clothes were filled with names and imagery of formerly unknown metal bands and suddenly these bands appeared on the net AFTER the clothes.

http://www.metalinjection.net/fashion/did-hm-create-fake-underground-metal-bands-with-nazi-imagery-to-push-its-new-clothing-line

At first people assumed that this was a viral marketing campaign from H&M, because slapping dozen fake band logos on your clothes is cheaper than using the logos of real bands (and being forced to pay them royalties or whatever) but on closer inspection these bands appear to play neo-nazi and anti-christian music with songs such as "Holocaust Tomb" "with Lucifer" and "Anticristo Eleva," which is odd because using such themes is likely to be less appealing to customers and may even cause controversy.

After a while the mystery began to open up as it turned out that many of the names involved are clearly jokes in Finnish and the apparent culprit behind the songs was revealed. You see, H&M made the clothes for the fake bands, but the songs, fake record companies and albums were made by a certain Finnish heavy metal musician. Henri "Trollhorn" Sorvali from the band Finntroll who appears to have been doing it simply for what can only be described as "trolling."

And now for some music:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84iHUdP1SCk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84iHUdP1SCk</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Finnish trolling up to 11
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:34:02 am »
For additional trollness the Strong Scene Productions -collective has given the Swedish town Trollhättan as their home. According to Trollhorn, the collective has dozens of members from different countries and he only admits to having "connections" to them. He says that the participants were gathered in a few hours and the recording and other arrangements took six days. The purpose was to "criticize using metal estetics for a commercial purpose without finding out what is actually included in it."

(source in Finnish: http://nyt.fi/a1305940963229)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:31 am »
Wow.  That's actually quite impressive.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:38 am »
MAXIMUM OVERTROLL ACHIEVED!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:26:42 pm »
Hey, it's all in the names, mates.  Finntroll... Trollhorn...  :p

Gotta respect master trollage.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 01:05:47 pm »
Finnish troll game too strong. TORILLA TAVATAAN!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 01:13:23 pm »
Ahem, we are talking about "trolls" so... SILLAN ALLA TAVATAAN!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:12 pm »
Leave it to the Finns to be better at trolling than, like, EVERYONE else.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.