Author Topic: Maximum 'MURICA achieved  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Maximum 'MURICA achieved
« on: June 13, 2015, 03:17:36 am »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/randy-howard-tennessee-country-singer-shot-dead-bounty-hunter-cops-n374141

A country singer who performed alongside Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings was killed in a shootout with a bounty hunter inside his Tennessee home, police said.

For extra points, the singer was part of the "Outlaw country" movement.

He was supposed to go to court over charges of possessing drugs, illegal firearms and driving a car without a license so even his crimes are full of 'MURICA! Unfortunately he did not show up in the court as explained by a friend:

"One morning I went over there to take him to court and he wasn't ready," Dotson recalled. "He said, 'Well, I'll call them in a couple hours.' And that's when I got mad at him. I said, 'Look, we're supposed to be there at 9 o'clock."

Also, the deceased did apparently fire the first shot (or so it is claimed at least) but I suspect that if he had been the winner of the shootout this would have counted as self defense because Tennessee does appear to have the "Castle doctrine."

'MURICA!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Maximum 'MURICA achieved
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:20 pm »
Four DUIs?  Why didn't he have a Breathalyzer lock on his ignition?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Maximum 'MURICA achieved
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:36:52 am »
Each state does it differently, each had their different rules for who gets one and when/why.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.