Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
Christian News Network fundies
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:43:46 am »
Good morning, I am new to this forum. 

I just wondered if anyone besides myself is addicted to the rantings of some of the Christian fundamentalists who post on christiannews.net.  The forums themselves are pretty tightly moderated, and they'll allow you to stick around long enough to get involved in a few heated discussions, but they will ban you (IP bans even) the second you start to appear to be the slightest bit reasonable.

I've made lots of contributions to FSTDT.com - highlights are Last Trump, Oboehner, WorldGoneCrazy and FoJC_Forever if anyone wants to have a look.

"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:57 am »
Thanks for posting your thoughts on this exceedingly obtuse and annoying fundie, Ice Cream Man. I really enjoyed reading them. You probably will get some good response posts and this will turn into a discussion thread. One of the mods may inform you about a posting rule of the forum regarding multiple-in-a-row, but please don't be alarmed.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:25:03 am »
Thanks for posting your thoughts on this exceedingly obtuse and annoying fundie, Ice Cream Man. I really enjoyed reading them. You probably will get some good response posts and this will turn into a discussion thread. One of the mods may inform you about a posting rule of the forum regarding multiple-in-a-row, but please don't be alarmed.

Well if that mod is watching and has suggestions, I'd like to grow this into an area where four main fundies from FSTDT are discussed.  I've been watching them for a while and they are all fascinating enough to warrant further discussion.

Partly I did that so what I had to say about Mr. WorldGoneCrazy wouldn't look like a large, impenetrable wall of text.
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:31:04 am »
That's a pretty good write up. I'm going to have to take a look at them.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:35:27 am »
Your idea might fly pretty well. We have a similarly formatted thread about internet LOLcows, so why not a mega thread for a particularly choice selection of fundies?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:36:13 am »
WorldGoneCrazy is annoying, but there are two others I haven't written about yet (will do so in the next couple days) who are FAR more annoying, just face-smackingly irritating.  I refer to The Last Trump and Oboehner, and I've submitted lots of their posts to FSTDT so go have a look if you're at all interested.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
Your idea might fly pretty well. We have a similarly formatted thread about internet LOLcows, so why not a mega thread for a particularly choice selection of fundies?

If a mod is watching:

Maybe we could keep this thread as a general discussion of the fundies from Christian News Network, and I can create four separate threads for the four I was interested in focusing on?  We could move all the WorldGoneCrazy stuff I've already posted here to his own dedicated thread.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:08:40 pm »

If a mod is watching:

Maybe we could keep this thread as a general discussion of the fundies from Christian News Network, and I can create four separate threads for the four I was interested in focusing on?  We could move all the WorldGoneCrazy stuff I've already posted here to his own dedicated thread.

Hi.

Any particular reason you want to have separate threads for those four rather than just keep them all here? Mostly I'm thinking it would be easier to keep it all in one place. But if you think they deserve dedicated threads, by all means go ahead.

Also, it's usually a good idea to make one long post rather than multiple posts in succession, especially if they are all right after the other and about the same subject. It's not a big deal, but keep it in mind in the future.
Σא

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »

If a mod is watching:

Hi.

Any particular reason you want to have separate threads for those four rather than just keep them all here? Mostly I'm thinking it would be easier to keep it all in one place. But if you think they deserve dedicated threads, by all means go ahead.

Also, it's usually a good idea to make one long post rather than multiple posts in succession, especially if they are all right after the other and about the same subject. It's not a big deal, but keep it in mind in the future.

My PREFERENCE would be separate threads, as I engage all four of the people I want to discuss on a regular basis and they have very individual styles and personalities.  My guess is lots of people here might not have the time or energy for a windbag like WorldGoneCrazy but they might be very interested in Oboehner's little jabs and one-liners.  I have been tangling with these guys for a while so I can guarantee all the threads will continue to be active.  It's just nice to have a place to finally talk about it.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 12:15:26 pm »
OK, I have a WorldGoneCrazy dedicated thread, can one of the mods move the stuff from this thread over to that one?

Danke.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 01:23:37 pm »
Done.
Σא