Author Topic: The Myth of "Alt-Left"  (Read 53 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
The Myth of "Alt-Left"
« on: September 22, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »
https://qz.com/1083444/analysis-of-500-million-reddit-comments-shows-how-the-alt-right-made-the-alt-left-a-thing/?utm_source=qzfb

Interesting article. The main point is that the so called "Alt-Left" was invented by the Alt-Right to be a counterpart on other other side of the political spectrum that they can point to when their own crimes and misdemeanors are mentioned.

But other than in the dreams of Alt-Right this leftist bogeyman does not seem to exist. Stories about crimes, whether real or alternative-facts, are blamed on Alt-Left (and later ANTIFA) and massive conspiracy theories about radical leftists who are supposedly trying to destroy Christianity are spread on the net.

Although I have noticed that ANTIFA (which really is no more of an organization than Anonymous) is the current right-wing horror story at least on the parts of the web that I go into so the article might be a bit old news. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • The Beast
  • Check Your Privilege
Re: The Myth of "Alt-Left"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:30 pm »
It kind of makes you sad for humanity when "but those guys are worse" is an argument that actually works on most people. Especially so when "those guys" don't even exist in the first place.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • TIME JUDGED ALL!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:10:23 pm »
Its easy to attack a group that doesn't exist.  Harder is defending yourself against people who do exist of course.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:42:40 pm »
Eh, it's the new 'SJW.' Another day another snarl word.