Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh, scientist  (Read 2141 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Rush Limbaugh, scientist
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:44:31 pm »
In a move that fucking confuses me, Rush Limbaugh wanted to chime in on the tragedy at the Cincinnati Zoo.  And does it in a way that confuses the world.

“Don’t doubt me on this. A lot of people think that all of us used to be gorillas, and they’re looking for the missing link out there. The evolution crowd. They think we were originally apes... If we were the original apes, then how come Harambe is still an ape, and how come he didn’t become one of us?”

Yes Rush is actually using this tragedy of a gorilla being shot in order to save a kid who fell into his enclosure as a way to disprove evolution.  Because apparently Rush thinks Pokemon is real and Gorillas are the pre-evolved form of humans.

Ironbite-*finds a bottle of whiskey and drains it*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Rush Limbaugh, scientist
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »
No, Rush.  Humans didn't "used to be" gorillas, we just share a common ancestor.  Even if that were true, it's still a stupid question.  It's like asking how British people still exist if Americans came from them.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:56:52 pm »
You would think that after so many decades of using the "if we came from monkeys then how come monkeys are still here" excuse they would have finally understood why it doesn't work.

I mean, I think I saw just today the same old "monkeys and humans SHARE the same ancestors but the descendants have since evolved in different ways to become different species" retort and I wondered why the hell is it still needed. Must have been because of Limbaugh.

...I still can't get over how stupid this argument is and why do they keep using it. At least the good ol' "but what about the missing link fossil?!!!??!?!" argument is merely moving the goalpost rather than not understanding the very basics of evolution.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »
Humans "weren't originally" apes, we're a species of ape.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:23:52 pm »
Thank you, Art. I mean, Oooomph oo oo oo. Here's the other obvious load of fail with creationists. If what they argue with was true, there would be nothing alive on earth but people. Eating people. Soylent Green.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 08:19:44 pm »
ah Rush, not only does he not understand social sciences he also doesn't understand natural sciences. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:42 am »
[/url]

“Don’t doubt me on this. A lot of people think that all of us used to be gorillas...”

No, no they don't.  Literally nobody thinks that.  Was that straw expensive, Rush?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 07:45:23 am »
How do species work? HURR

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 03:45:49 am »

As the artist said: "This is as least as valid as any “but why are there still monkeys” argument."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 03:54:46 am »
He's probably the kind that won't evolve unless he happens to be holding a metal coat when another team buys him out.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:11 am »
Everstone.  Metal Coats help Onix's evolve into Steelix's and Scyther's in Scizors.

Ironbite-god you pleb.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 01:09:20 pm »
...precisely? The analogy being that he isn't evolving by levelling up because he needs to be traded holding an evolution-inducing item. Like a Metal Coat.

You pleb.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 05:59:02 pm »
Everstone.  Metal Coats help Onix's evolve into Steelix's and Scyther's in Scizors.
As well as Lineby into Quarterbacktor. Jeez, keep up with the times, ya smelly old git.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 12:25:55 pm »
BTW, this is the next episode in the comic I posted: