Author Topic: My home province gets a Florida momment  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
My home province gets a Florida momment
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:22:33 am »
It has long been a running joke that all the bizarre news stories about people doing stupid violent things happen in Florida, ie pet store owners beating people with Lizards.  But sometimes the rest of us get one too, and now it's my home's time.

In Eastern Ontario a 56 year old man went on a camping trip with his son and his girlfriend.  Turns out his son's girlfriend believes the Earth is Flat.  The two of them started arguing over this, which got heated.  And by heated I mean the 56 year old got so mad he threw a propane cylinder into the campfire.

He has been charged with mischief, police commented the whole matter was "stupid."

Art Vandelay

Re: My home province gets a Florida momment
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:15:59 am »
The thing to take away from this is that there is no good reason whatsoever to date a flat Earther. I don't care how hot she is, eventually the stupid will cause serious problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:37:09 am »
It has long been a running joke that all the bizarre news stories about people doing stupid violent things happen in Florida, ie pet store owners beating people with Lizards.  But sometimes the rest of us get one too, and now it's my home's time.

In Eastern Ontario a 56 year old man went on a camping trip with his son and his girlfriend.  Turns out his son's girlfriend believes the Earth is Flat.  The two of them started arguing over this, which got heated.  And by heated I mean the 56 year old got so mad he threw a propane cylinder into the campfire.

He has been charged with mischief, police commented the whole matter was "stupid."

"Charged with mischief?"  Didn't know that was a crime up north.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 05:14:51 pm »
No wonder Loki never goes to Canada.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer