Author Topic: GOP Sexual Education train...ROLLS ON!  (Read 1189 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
GOP Sexual Education train...ROLLS ON!
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:15:36 pm »
Remember last election you had a Republican who thought women had ways of shutting down the fertilization process....somehow?  Yeah Mike Pence is cut from that same cloth.

Source: http://politicops.com/mike-pence-allowing-rape-victims-abortions-will-lead-women-trying-get-raped/

The Republican war on women continues unabated. The same week that conservatives argued in the Supreme Court that employers should be able to stop their employees from getting contraception outside of the company health plan, Indiana joined the ranks of states like Texas and Florida in passing a draconian law that purports to protect women, while in fact, endangering their health by making safe abortion much harder to get. And Gov. Mike Pence recently signed it. The bill is stuffed with as many asinine restrictions on abortion with an eye towards making abortion as miserable and humiliating an experience as possible, and ideally something women can’t get legally at all.

Asked to comment on his approval of a piece of legislation that basically promotes hatred towards women once stripped of all the legal terms, Pence argued in an interview with The Huffington Post that “abortion as such was a mistake since the day it was first invented.” “So, let’s get that straight right away – I oppose abortion for any reason whatsoever because I believe that killing someone, or something, if you will, that hasn’t developed a consciousness just yet is the ultimate act of crime. And if we’re murderers of innocent beings who can’t defend themselves, how are we to expect people with a fully developed consciousness to stop murdering each other?” the Indiana governor said.

“And as if that wasn’t enough,” Pence continued, “we’ve got this situation now throughout different states where some lawmakers allow abortion under some circumstances like rape or when the fetus is diagnosed with an illness, and others just flat out prohibit it. And that’s bad for a number of reasons. First and foremost – we can’t have this kind of freedom of choice. This is bad, let’s be clear. And that’s part of the reason why I signed this bill, because I believe abortion, or I’m going to flat out call it murder, this murdering of children has to stop and it has to be prohibited in every state. So Indiana is just a step in the right direction.”

Pence also tried to offer his opinion on what would have happened had he allowed rape victims to still have abortion. “First and foremost, because this is such a sensitive topic, let me just say that I sympathize with rape victims not just in America, but around the world. I can only imagine what it must be like to experience such trauma,” he said. “However, that does not justify murder, not even that justifies murdering a baby, not in my book. Because what would happen? We’d then have an epidemic of women claiming to have been raped just so they could have an abortion. And that has to be stopped at all cost.”

I bolded what made me go supernova with rage.  And now I'm off to drink!

Ironbite-wake me up in November to vote this scum into a shuttle headed for THE SUN!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: GOP Sexual Education train...ROLLS ON!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:24:02 pm »
...the fuck? Women want to have abortions? Does this fuckwit really believe that?

On a related note, whenever I ask a pro-life person about whether they support things like comprehensive sexual education, the notably-not-an-abortifacient morning-after pill, et cetera, this is what I get:

1. "Abortion bad!" (paraphrased)

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KVj2vVxUs

EDIT: Was the case referenced in the first paragraph Zubik v Burwell?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:29:16 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:31:29 pm »
Welp...I'm a fool.  Here's me with egg on my face.  Turns out this is satire.  Damn.

Ironbite-in my defense, it's really fucking close to something Penceacola would say.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »
Welp...I'm a fool.  Here's me with egg on my face.  Turns out this is satire.  Damn.

Ironbite-in my defense, it's really fucking close to something Penceacola would say.

The first paragraph is accurate.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.