Author Topic: Trump's Foreign Policy Advisor fears the Turks  (Read 1529 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Trump's Foreign Policy Advisor fears the Turks
« on: August 19, 2016, 09:54:35 am »
Trump has a foreign policy advisor.  Trump's foreign policy advisor is scared of Turkey.  How scared of Turkey?  He thinks the Turks are conspiring with Native Americans to build nukes here in the US.

e of Donald Trump’s top foreign policy advisors is trying to wrest control of a Montana dam from two Native American tribes as part of a bizarre anti-Muslim campaign.

Joseph Schmitz, an attorney and former Pentagon inspector general, was tapped as one of Trump’s five foreign policy advisors last month, along with a bewildering mix of conspiracy theorists and “third-rate people.”

Schmitz served as co-counsel in a lawsuit filed last year on behalf of Montana State Senator Bob Keenan (R-Bigfork) and former state Senator Verdell Jackson (R-Kalispell) asking a court to block the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes from taking over management of the former Kerr Dam, reported the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights.

The dam, which was built in the 1930s on tribal land, was renamed the Seli’š Ksanka Qlispe’ dam when the tribally owned Energy Keepers, Inc., paid nearly $18.3 million to NorthWestern Energy to acquire it.

That’s when things got weird.

Schmitz, who’s an “insider” with the right-wing Newsmax website and senior fellow at the virulently anti-Islam Center for Security Policy, and fellow co-counsel Lawrence Kogan filed a lawsuit seeking to block the transfer — which they argued posed a national security threat from Turkey.

The attorneys claimed the dam transfer would allow the Turkish government and terrorists to obtain nuclear materials, although they were unable to provide any factual evidence of their claims.

Turkey is an American ally and member of NATO, and the U.S. State Department considers the nation a key partner in its counterterrorism efforts in the Middle East.

“The nonprofit Nuclear Threat Initiative says Turkey is active in nuclear proliferation prevention efforts and is a member of all major treaties governing the acquisition and use of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons,” reported the Associated Press.

The claims are based on conspiracy theories about the Turkish Coalition of America, a nonprofit lobbying group that has been working to establish an agricultural trade relationship with Native American tribes.

Schmitz and Kogan, who boasts ties to the right-wing Citizens Equal Rights Alliance, warned that Turkey may be trying to “promote their brand of Islam” on reservations and produce yellowcake uranium using tribal resources.

I think I'll go drink now.

Ironbite-Toodles!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Trump's Foreign Policy Advisor fears the Turks
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:21:06 am »
This...... is....... I think I'm going back to bed.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:36 am »
...I am trying to think of something witty to say, but honestly, Trump campaign has managed to surprise me again.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:24 am »
It just gets worse and worse the more you read it doesn't it?

Ironbite-if ever there was a run for the White House fueled by ego and nothing else, Trump has that distinction.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:28 am »
I can't even laugh at him anymore. As long as the chances of Trump winning are more than 0% the best I can do is smile awkwardly.

...I know you are going to talk about the polls that show him dropping in popularity but the fact is that his strongest supporters are also the people who are most active voters and the groups that are least likely to vote him are also the least likely to vote. Either because they don't bother to vote or because the system has been built to deny them votes.

EDIT: Ok, now I can laugh at Trump again. Thanks Daily Show!

https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/videos/10154433910521800/
[Just in case you can't see the video, Trump said earlier that there should be a test for Muslim immigrants to make sure that they believe in "core American values such as freedom of religion, gender equality and gay rights." The Daily show went into a Trump rally to see if his own supporters would pass the test. *cue a montage of Trump fans opposing all of those American values*]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:43:44 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:49:47 pm »
Dam that's crazy.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 10:38:36 pm »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 01:55:19 am »
Is it possible that this man thinks that the Far Cry Blood Dragon game was based on real events? I am asking this because it's the only time I remember seeing hydroelectric dams with nuclear reactors. And the only way it makes sense for him to fear that Turkey is trying to obtain radioactive materials from a dam is if he thinks they get their power from nuclear reactors.