Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 404389 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1875 on: November 11, 2017, 05:02:30 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/359730-trump-thinks-scientology-should-lose-its-tax-exempt-status

...You know, this is actually a good idea. I'm sure somehow this will turn into another disaster but I really do think that taking the tax exempt status from Scientology is a good thing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1876 on: November 11, 2017, 05:09:05 am »
Just Scientology, huh? At least we can hope that it'll set a precedent.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1877 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02:20 am »
Scientology loves doxxing people that go against them. Let's see what kind of dirt they can come up with in the Trump administration.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1878 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:02 am »
Oh dear god.  That's like the episode of South Park where the invading Jersey trash is pushed back by Al-Qaeda.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1879 on: November 11, 2017, 01:09:44 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

You heard it from Trump folks. Trump said Putin didn't do any meddling in the election because he's asked him about it so many times and he's said no. Because clearly someone that had done something wrong is obviously going to incriminate himself when asked about it. Right? I guess we can put this case to rest.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:14:38 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1880 on: November 11, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »
Meanwhile EVERY SINGLE US INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WAS JUST TOLD THEIR WORK IS MEANINGLESS AND WE ARE NOW VULNERABLE TO ATTACK IN A WAY WE'VE NEVER BEEN SINCE WE WERE CONCEIVED AS A COUNTRY!

Ironbite-jesus he's stupid.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1881 on: November 11, 2017, 08:36:07 pm »
Just Scientology, huh? At least we can hope that it'll set a precedent.

Thing is, I think the tax exempt for Scientology was judicially established. So it'd be a lot harder just to strip it away than it would to remove the tax exempt status for all religions.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1882 on: November 12, 2017, 12:59:00 am »
Please tell me that someone hacked Trump's FB because he posted this:

Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

...Really?

This from the guy who has been insulting Kim and threatening other countries not to give any sort of assistance to him until he drops his nuke program and basically has been lobbying to restart the Korean war with his own incompetence in diplomacy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1883 on: November 12, 2017, 01:17:33 am »
Did he really fucking say that? You've been calling him rocket man this whole time!
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1884 on: November 12, 2017, 03:16:18 am »
It may have been a joke of his and another jab at Kim ...or he is just incredibly stupid and incompetent in diplomacy.

And yes, this is yet another "covfefe" level confusion causing tweet.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:19:56 am by Askold »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1885 on: November 12, 2017, 04:38:35 am »
He even uses the wrong "there". Still, he's only the fucking president of the US and A. It's not like professionalism is important or anything.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1886 on: November 12, 2017, 08:19:35 am »
It may have been a joke of his and another jab at Kim ...or he is just incredibly stupid and incompetent in diplomacy.
Yeah, that probably is an attempt at humor. You can't be sure, though, since when it suits him he just unashamedly recreates reality ignoring opposing evidence and/or his own previous record on the issue at hand.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1887 on: November 12, 2017, 02:29:13 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/08/paul-ryan-erases-any-doubt-were-with-trump/

Paul Ryan: "We're with Trump."

Okay, then every stupid thing Trump says or does, or any indictment that comes against Trump, is now counted against the entire GOP. Gotcha, Mr. Speaker.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1888 on: November 12, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »
Yeah Ryan that wasn't the sound bite you wanted to get out there after the trouncing you had.  That was a dumb statement to make.

Speaking of dumb statements, after giving a black eye to our intel community on Veterans day, Trump walked it back Charlottesville Style and said now he doesn't believe Putin's obvious lies.  I guess he was told he could be murdered and made to look like an accident by people who he depends on to save his life might have opened his eyes a bit.  But I fully expect him to walk back that and go "BUT I REALLY DO BELIEVE HIM WHEN HE SAYS HE LOVES ME!" in the next few days.

Ironbite-can't wait for the next blunder.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1889 on: November 16, 2017, 07:08:03 pm »
So we know that the GOP is getting rid of the SALT deduction, because fuck blue states.

If you're an individual, anyway.

Under at least one version of their tax bill, corporations keep the SALT deduction.