Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387081 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2017, 08:56:03 pm »
Personally, I don't see what's so bad about that. I for one am thrilled that Trump will never let me down or give me up.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #631 on: February 11, 2017, 11:25:20 pm »
Ha, didn't check the link; never look at linked videos.  Also, what is this, 2009?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #632 on: February 11, 2017, 11:26:34 pm »
Was there any point to that?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #633 on: February 12, 2017, 01:59:13 am »
The point was that the world is a cruel and merciless cold void devoid of all sympathy and we will all die alone.

In other news, the new secretary of education of USA sure got busy. http://m.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/A-disability-website-disappears-Murray-10924413.php

...Because if families with disabled children know what rights and resources they have they might actually use them and apparently Devos opposes that kind of stuff.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #634 on: February 12, 2017, 05:02:03 am »
Of course.

Ironbite-thats what I expect from the Legion of Doom

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:36 pm »
The point was that the world is a cruel and merciless cold void devoid of all sympathy and we will all die alone.

In other news, the new secretary of education of USA sure got busy. http://m.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/A-disability-website-disappears-Murray-10924413.php

...Because if families with disabled children know what rights and resources they have they might actually use them and apparently Devos opposes that kind of stuff.

Does she not know that online archive services exist?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:17 pm »
a) How many people know about those in general?

b) Will those archives update the info as needed?

c) Does the existence of those archives make this any less of a dick move?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »
Yeah the archived White House website acknowledges the existence of climate change.

The existence of this archive alone is not comforting.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #638 on: February 13, 2017, 07:29:52 am »

Oh my sweet baby-back Jesus cum, Lana in two minutes found the ultimate way to defeat the Trump administration. Free punch and pie for all.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #639 on: February 13, 2017, 07:54:07 am »

Oh my sweet baby-back Jesus cum, Lana in two minutes found the ultimate way to defeat the Trump administration. Free punch and pie for all.

Yeah, she's a veritable paragon of anti-Trump values.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #640 on: February 13, 2017, 09:01:01 am »
I was just being sardonic.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #641 on: February 13, 2017, 05:46:05 pm »

I think we need to parse out this part in bold. Are we talking about cum from a sweet baby-backed Jesus? Or sweet cum from a baby-backed Jesus? Or Jesus cumming on a rack of baby-back ribs?

If I was a hot-blooded christian would I eat ribs which had been marinaded in Jesus cum? Does it matter if the cum is from Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus the barista at my local coffee shop?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #642 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:41 am »
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_21017.pdf

A new poll about Trump, released February 10. Here's some highlights:

53% of respondents disapprove of President Trump's job performance and 52% have an unfavourable opinion of him. Among Trump voters, however, 91% approve of his performance and 93% have a favourable opinion of him.

49% of respondents oppose his travel ban, but 93% of Trump voters support it.

57% of respondents disagree with this statement: "[T]he Bowling Green massacre shows why we need Donald Trump's executive order on immigration." However, 51% of Trump supporters agree with it. (Note: Kellyanne Conway's statement about the "Bowling Green massacre" was false.)

48% of respondents think the intent of the travel ban was to prevent Muslims from entering the US, but 73% of Trump voters do not think that was the intent of it. Meanwhile, 65% of respondents oppose banning Muslims from entering the US, but among Trump voters opinion is almost evenly split, with 43% opposing it and 41% supporting it.

53% of respondents trust judges more than Trump (38%) to make the right decisions for the US, and 64% do not think Trump should be able to overturn judicial decisions with which he disagrees. However, 78% of Trump voters trust Trump more (14% trust judges more), and 51% think he should be able to overturn judicial decisions with which he disagrees.

45% of respondents have an unfavourable opinion of Steve Bannon (22% have a favourable opinion and 33% are not sure). However, among Trump voters, only 9% have an unfavourable opinion of him, while 46% have a favourable opinion and 46% are not sure (yes, yes, rounding).

47% of respondents have an unfavourable opinion of Kellyanne Conway, but 73% of Trump voters have a favourable opinion of her. Similarly 41% of respondents have an unfavourable opinion of Sean Spicer, but 65% of Trump voters have a favourable opinion of him. Also, 49% of respondents have an unfavourable opinion of Betsy DeVos, but 53% of Trump voters have a favourable opinion of her.

47% of respondents support the Affordable Care Act, but 76% of Trump voters oppose it.

Given the choice between keeping the working parts of the ACA and fixing the broken parts, or scrapping the ACA entirely and starting over, 65% of respondents support the former option, but 62% of Trump voters support the latter option.

58% of respondents think Trump should release his tax returns, and 62% think he should fully divest himself from his business interests. However, among Trump voters, 63% think he should not release his tax returns, and 50% think he should not fully divest himself from his business interests.

Given the choice between President Trump and President Pence, 38% of respondents preferred the former, 30% preferred the latter, and 32% weren't sure.

52% of respondents think the New York Times is more credible than Donald Trump, but 82% of Trump voters think Trump is more credible than the Times.

50% of respondents have a favourable opinion of Saturday Night Live, but 77% of Trump voters have an unfavourable opinion of it. Also, 48% of respondents find SNL more credible than Trump, but 88% of Trump voters think Trump is more credible than SNL.

56% of respondents oppose building a wall with Mexico if Americans have to pay up front, but 75% of Trump voters support it under those circumstances.

55% of respondents do not think millions of people voted illegally in the 2016 election, but 55% of Trump supporters do think that millions of people voted illegally in the 2016 election.

52% of respondents would rather have Barack Obama as President, to 44% who prefer Donald Trump. When instead comparing Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump, these numbers become 49% and 45%.

7% of respondents support invading Mexico, compared to 83% who do not support it. However, 14% of Trump voters support such a policy, compared to 71% who do not.

Support for impeaching Trump is divided, with 46% supporting doing so and 46% opposing the same. Perhaps predictably, only 5% of Trump voters support this, compared to 93% who do not, and among Clinton voters, 83% support impeachment compared to 6% who do not.

66% of respondents think the US is a safe country. Even a majority of Trump voters, 55%, think so.

Black History Month has a 64% favourability rating among respondents, but only a 45% favourability rating among Trump voters. Only 28% of respondents think there should be a White History Month, but 46% of Trump voters think there should be one.

68% of respondents disapprove of the job Congress is doing, 52% of respondents disapprove of the job Sen. McConnell is doing as Senate Majority Leader, and 47% of respondents disapprove of the job Speaker Ryan is doing as Speaker of the House.

If there were an election for Congress on the day the respondent was polled, 49% of respondents said they would vote for a Democratic candidate, compared to 41% who favoured a Republican candidate.

80% of respondents did so via phone; 20% did so over the internet. Questions about their methodology can be directed to the e-mail address at the top of the first page of the release.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #643 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:45 am »
Wonder how those penultimate numbers will change as the Presidency wears on and is revealed to have been a dumpster fire since day one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #644 on: February 14, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »
https://theintercept.com/2017/02/13/spies-must-bored-easy-trump-makes-jobs/

The fact that everyone in the GOP isn't insisting on impeaching Trump ASAP is a clear sign that they care less about USA than they care about their position.