Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 398206 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1680 on: September 18, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »
This is the version McCain supports.

Ironbite-remind me why he was the savior of America again?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1681 on: September 18, 2017, 03:40:59 pm »
Because he was in the military or some shit and, as we all know, military people are the best possible examples of humanity any country can ever produce.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1682 on: September 18, 2017, 03:58:15 pm »
How can these assholes stand there and be like yes our plan to have health insurance companies drain you of more money is going to help all of you struggling people out there. I really hope the medicare for all movement becomes increasingly more and more popular.

In other news I'm looking forward to my Canadian Healthcare kicking in next Monday.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1683 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:46 pm »
How can these assholes stand there and be like yes our plan to have health insurance companies drain you of more money is going to help all of you struggling people out there. I really hope the medicare for all movement becomes increasingly more and more popular.

In other news I'm looking forward to my Canadian Healthcare kicking in next Monday.

Okay, I see this all the damn time, so fact check time...

THERE IS NO CANADIAN HEALTH INSURANCE SYSTEM.

Health is exclusively a provincial matter. All the federal government can do is say, "If you set up a program that meets such-and-such conditions, we'll give you money to help pay for it."

There are definite differences between the provinces; the one thing that makes it sort-of national is that the provinces (except Quebec, because Quebec) coordinate between themselves so that people with coverage from one province can use it in other provinces without seeing any of the ugly details themselves (nor does their doctor see it).

EDIT: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/17/obamacare-senate-republicans-repeal-242821

Politico on the same zombie.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:17:10 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1684 on: September 18, 2017, 04:28:47 pm »
Alright geez Mr. Technical. I'm sorry my OHIP insurance is going to kick in in a week.
Are you going to be technical about that as well since I "technically" included insurance twice in that sentence?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1685 on: September 18, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »
Alright geez Mr. Technical. I'm sorry my OHIP insurance is going to kick in in a week.
Are you going to be technical about that as well since I "technically" included insurance twice in that sentence?

Nope, not going to get technical on that one.

But it's one of the many misrepresentations of how health insurance works in Canada that I see, so I look to correct it when I do so that people know what's actually going on (provincially-managed programs with federal transfers) rather than how people who want to say it's bad (or perhaps worse than it is--I'm not going to say it's perfect) want to represent it (big federal government!).
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #1686 on: September 18, 2017, 08:14:25 pm »
How can these assholes stand there and be like yes our plan to have health insurance companies drain you of more money is going to help all of you struggling people out there.

Because it's what almost half of America wants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1687 on: September 18, 2017, 08:29:08 pm »
How can these assholes stand there and be like yes our plan to have health insurance companies drain you of more money is going to help all of you struggling people out there.

Because it's what almost half of America wants.

Correction: it's what the people with almost half the money in America want.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1688 on: September 20, 2017, 08:24:00 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnWYLTdvfY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnWYLTdvfY</a>
Agent Orange threatened to destroy North Korea.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1689 on: September 20, 2017, 10:36:11 am »
If the United States or its allies are attacked. People keep forgetting that second part, and it's important, since it actually makes the position quite reasonable - one might even say obvious.

If America's reaction to being attacked by a hostile state isn't to destroy that state, then what's the point of even having a military?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

pyro

« Reply #1690 on: September 20, 2017, 12:31:17 pm »
If the United States or its allies are attacked. People keep forgetting that second part, and it's important, since it actually makes the position quite reasonable - one might even say obvious.

If America's reaction to being attacked by a hostile state isn't to destroy that state, then what's the point of even having a military?

You're surprised that people are basically having Pavlovian reactions to these speeches? I don't think it actually matters what President Trump says: everybody is just going to respond the same way anyhow.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:15:04 pm by pyro »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1691 on: September 20, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »

Military are state annihilation machines? Yeeah, they can be used that way. Kind of like how your car can be used for drag racing-potentially.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1692 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:22 pm »
http://americablog.com/2017/09/graham-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-get-2-minutes-debate.html

So, Graham-Cassidy, which will pretty much destroy the US health care system (or rather take it from the pile of rubble it currently is and turn it into little specks), might get 2 minutes of debate. If necessary. It's slated for all of 90 seconds.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1693 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »

Military are state annihilation machines? Yeeah, they can be used that way. Kind of like how your car can be used for drag racing-potentially.

Ah yes, the ever fun argument tactic of "ignore the general point of the reply and focus on the wording of the final line".

Direct question: do you think the United States has an obligation to retaliate if it is attacked, especially if we are attacked with a nuclear weapon? Yes or no.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1694 on: September 20, 2017, 06:02:09 pm »

Ah yes, the ever fun argument tactic of "ignore the general point of the reply and focus on the wording of the final line".

Direct question: do you think the United States has an obligation to retaliate if it is attacked, especially if we are attacked with a nuclear weapon? Yes or no.
I'm just going to point out that even a war isn't a binary choice where one nation must be eradicated.

If USA or any NATO country is attacked NATO can just beat back the attacker and force them to accept peace (and probably some heavy sanctions starting with reducing their military.)

Granted that USA seems to think otherwise. Iraq and Afghanistan were bombed back to stone age. Afghan specifically tried to surrender but US military went with "LOL nope, we want more blood" and continued fighting the war long after one side was waving the white flag.

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/22/afghanistan-donald-trump-taliban-surrender-here-we-are/

Now, had the surrended been accepted would that have somehow been worse for USA? I mean it would have meant less deaths all around. Less dead US military personnel, less dead Taliban and a lot less dead civilians. They could have kept on hunting Osama even without a war going on. Less money would have been needed for the rebuilding phase for certain.

This is not some video game where the war isn't over until every enemy unit has been shot. In fact, if USA showing up on their doorstep is enough to stop someone from invading a US ally isn't that a good thing? "Oh wait, you were serious about that NATO stuff? Ooopsy daisy, we'll just go back home, ok?" Huzzah! Medals for everyone! Let the diplomats handle the remaining issues.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!