Author Topic: Reddit CEO Admits to Editing Posts  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Reddit CEO Admits to Editing Posts
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:03:53 am »
http://www.businessinsider.com/reddit-ceo-steve-huffman-modifies-donald-trump-the-donald-2016-11

Maybe I should open a betting pool on how long it'll take for him to step down.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Reddit CEO Admits to Editing Posts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:06:54 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/reddit-ceo-steve-huffman-modifies-donald-trump-the-donald-2016-11

Maybe I should open a betting pool on how long it'll take for him to step down.
Funny he never edited objectionable comments on threads like "philosophy of rape".

Telling that he finds people saying bad things about him personally worthy of such radical executive action but not the rest of the fetid slime on that site.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 01:09:18 pm »
If he can't handle people insulting him, then maybe he's not cut out to be a CEO.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

pyro

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »
He certainly shouldn't be the head of a company that makes a point of not censoring stuff (to the maximum extent that the law allows).

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:36:40 am »
Spez still hasn't stepped down from his position, despite the petitions saying he should. So I guess the drama died down?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:40:41 am »
Strangely enough, people are claiming that Spez is the one defending Trump-subreddit despite the group doxxing people repeatedly and openly violating Reddit rules daily.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 05:45:22 am »
Strangely enough, people are claiming that Spez is the one defending Trump-subreddit despite the group doxxing people repeatedly and openly violating Reddit rules daily.

I haven't really payed attention to that since I don't use reddit much. Can you give some examples of their doxing of people?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 06:22:42 am »

I haven't really payed attention to that since I don't use reddit much. Can you give some examples of their doxing of people?

Here's a few:

Exhibit: A

Exhibit: B

"BOOHOO! I CAN NOT DOXX PEOPLE WHILE I AM ON REDDIT!" "How about you go to 4Chan instead and Doxx them there?"

Exhibit: C
https://np.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4qcstw/black_lives_matter_doxxing_and_threatening_to/?st=iq0rbh1w&sh=3dc4ef9c

Exhibit: Do we need more?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:16 pm »
And one more Doxxing thread except this time most of it happens on Voat and they are merely recruiting more people on Reddit to join the Doxxing/harassment operation: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6d4hqa/clarification_of_rule_iv_and_our_personal/dhzsb6l/

Oh and just for "fun" how about promoting domestic terrorism: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6dgzqi/ramadan_bombathon_isis_recruitment_edition/di2khee/

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:11 am »
So?

Are you going to defend Trumpettes or are you apalled at how they violate the rules of a site and/or harass people? Or are you saving your outrage for the next time that someone says something bad about racists?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 06:53:17 am »
So?

Are you going to defend Trumpettes or are you apalled at how they violate the rules of a site and/or harass people? Or are you saving your outrage for the next time that someone says something bad about racists?

lol calm down mate I've read all the evidence like you presented and it was all against the rules of reddit from what I know about that site, so I'm not gonna be upset if they get kicked out.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 07:33:52 am »
Sorry. I was mean.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 02:54:27 am »
Sorry. I was mean.

S'okay, we're chill, let's keep chill,