Community > Politics and Government

Michael Flynn Lying about contact with Russia

(1/6) > >>

davedan:
Michael Flynn stated that he did not discuss the sanctions imposed by Obama on Russia at the end of his term in phone calls with the Russian Ambassador prior to Trump being sworn in. Turns out that was probably a lie http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/10/just-how-much-trouble-is-michael-flynn-in/?utm_term=.a35b2dec1288.

Bearing in mind that these communications are recorded and listened into on both ends it is amazing that he thought he would get away with the lie. He also misinformed Mike Pence. Is this the first Trump official who has to step down?

Do you think the same people who called for Hillary to go to prison are going to be red hot to prosecute Flynn?

The_Queen:

--- Quote from: davedan on February 13, 2017, 09:14:14 pm ---Do you think the same people who called for Hillary to go to prison are going to be red hot to prosecute Flynn?

--- End quote ---

No... because he has a penis.

davedan:
I don't think it's just the penis. These people were just as red hot to get Bill Clinton as they were for Hillary. Because lying about a blowjob is as important as lying about deals with foreign governments.

Having said that I don't think they would ever have been so enthusiastic to jail Hillary if she had schlong. To this day I haven't figured out what she was meant to have done.

Lana Reverse:
Wasn't this the guy who made the world's quickest flip-flop on abortion?

dpareja:

--- Quote from: davedan on February 13, 2017, 09:32:01 pm ---I don't think it's just the penis. These people were just as red hot to get Bill Clinton as they were for Hillary. Because lying about a blowjob is as important as lying about deals with foreign governments.

--- End quote ---

They were hot to get Clinton because he broke what they'd thought was a Republican stranglehold on the Presidency. They'd been painting Democratic candidates as "wacky liberals" for a good while, and crushing them, and suddenly Clinton comes along and presents himself as being decidedly not that and (with some help from Perot, to be sure) wins. And they were just as hot to get Hillary because she was (or at least was seen as) the power behind the throne. It didn't matter that he pushed the Democratic Party ideologically closer to the Republican Party (Who did NAFTA? Clinton. Who repealed Glass-Steagall? Clinton), he was a Democrat who won the Presidency, and then he won it again. They couldn't stand that, so they pulled out the stops to get him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version