Author Topic: Michael Flynn Lying about contact with Russia  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Michael Flynn Lying about contact with Russia
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:51 am »
So if Trump had him call Russia about sanctions before Trump was even sworn into office shouldn't this all be traced back to Trump?

I can't believe were only four weeks into his term. This is the kind of shit that comes out like 3 to four years or way into a second term of a presidency.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:06:47 am by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:01 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/key-republicans-who-held-dozens-of-benghazi-hearings-now-eager-to-sweep-flynn-scandal-under-the-rug/

TL;DR: The same people who were screaming and crying BENGHAZI! for years have no problems with Flynn scandal. In fact, they don't think that there is a need for any independent investigation into this. No need to do anything about it in fact. Just pat the guy in the back and let him go. Ignore any evidence of Trump and the rest of the team breaking laws too.

Anyone surprised?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 11:54:31 am »
Republicans at this point are probably trying to avoid any kind of scandal by sweeping the bullshit under the rug. All of the Trump Trouble that is occuring reflects on them because they are of the same party and are pretty much in charge of all aspects of the government. Hopefully the Democrats continue to hold them accountable for everything.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 01:39:32 pm »
Republicans at this point are probably trying to avoid any kind of scandal by sweeping the bullshit under the rug. All of the Trump Trouble that is occuring reflects on them because they are of the same party and are pretty much in charge of all aspects of the government. Hopefully the Democrats continue to hold them accountable for everything.

Hopefully, this will mean they're finally getting a spine.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 01:49:00 pm »
They have abandoned pretty much every principle they have just so that they would gain power or stay in power. Why change now when all they have to do is continue pushing their laws while Trump distracts the voters and later they can claim that they saved USA from Trump. A sizeable amount of voters will believe them.

Democrats on the other hand will go back to acting the usual way as soon as Trump is out. And by usual I mean that enough of them will side with the GOP that they can't get things done even if they have the majority.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:48 pm »

Hopefully, this will mean they're finally getting a spine.
Nah, it means what used to be GOP tactics that were inconvenient are now politically convenient.

They're still jellyfish!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:27 pm »
I think a lot hinges on whether the Dems can get their act together and avoid last year's mistakes. If they can manage that, I think it'll be smooth sailing.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 10:30:52 pm »
So he did resign. First one down. How many more will go before the first 100 days are up? My bet is at least 4

You may be half way there

Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 10:38:50 pm »
So he did resign. First one down. How many more will go before the first 100 days are up? My bet is at least 4

Well Sessions is the one charged with investigating all these shenanigans so I guess he should be alright

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 06:40:26 am »

Well Sessions is the one charged with investigating all these shenanigans so I guess he should be alright
Aaand, Sessions just got caught lying about not talking to the Russians during the election.

Fancy that.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 08:58:42 am »
Guys...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself</p>&mdash; Jason Chaffetz (@jasoninthehouse) <a href="https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse/status/837290054385033218">March 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's the head of the House Oversight committee who is on record saying there is no war in Ba Sing Sae saying Sessions needs to recuse himself.

Ironbite-this might be the first crack in an already unstable wall.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »

Aaand, Sessions just got caught lying about not talking to the Russians during the election.

Fancy that.

And now he's recused himself from the investigation.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 09:07:37 pm »
Hasn't he been caught lying under oath?  Shouldn't he step down for that?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »
Hasn't he been caught lying under oath?  Shouldn't he step down for that?

Maybe in years gone by, but ever since 54* Senators decided that perjury wasn't an impeachable offence the bar is probably rather higher.

*Yes, the vote was 45-55, but one of those 55 was Specter, who voted "not proven" rather than "not guilty." Rehnquist directed that it be considered a "not guilty" vote.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 01:24:34 pm »
Unrelated:

"For partisan Democrats, all you have to do is say 'Russia' and it constitutes an argument."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.