Community > Politics and Government

Actual Landslide Victory for Macron

(1/8) > >>

niam2023:
Let us celebrate the new President of France, Emmanuel Macron!

He defeated his rival, a Neo-Nazi dingbat, 64 to 35 percent. Which is really how our election should have gone, if the United States was a sane country. I think this is a sign of defeat for racist far right wing parties that appeal to bogards and Daily Stormer reading lunatics - the far right has lost its momentum and thankfully responsible, calmer heads prevailed. Fascism has been dealt a blow today.

And of course the far right is in freak out mode - not only did they utterly fail to meme LePen to victory, but they've angered a significant number of the French with their attempts to influence the election.

A good day amidst a large number of bad ones.

The_Queen:

--- Quote from: niam2023 on May 07, 2017, 05:25:06 pm ---Let us celebrate the new President of France, Emmanuel Macron!

He defeated his rival, a Neo-Nazi dingbat, 64 to 35 percent. Which is really how our election should have gone, if the United States was a sane country. I think this is a sign of defeat for racist far right wing parties that appeal to bogards and Daily Stormer reading lunatics - the far right has lost its momentum and thankfully responsible, calmer heads prevailed. Fascism has been dealt a blow today.

And of course the far right is in freak out mode - not only did they utterly fail to meme LePen to victory, but they've angered a significant number of the French with their attempts to influence the election.

A good day amidst a large number of bad ones.

--- End quote ---

eh, the Tories in England have been cozying up to UKIP as of late, and they're slated to win fairly easily.

It's good for France and for the rest of the EU, particularly Germany. Not really informative of global trends, though.

niam2023:
I say we should take our victories as they come and treasure them. It will do far better for morale than remaining in a constant state of looking for worse news.

Id82:
I hope this hurts the cockiness of the alt right. They've been riding their high horse for a while now.

niam2023:
yeah - they tried to meme LePen to victory, and even tried pulling a BUT MACRON'S EMAILS!...and all it did was piss off the French, possibly swaying the results even further toward Macron.

I've heard they're freaking out, and given Macron has said he intends to make Brexit difficult and painful if they wanna persist with that, it looks like that far right endeavor might not go through as well.

Finally, good news and the alt right got knocked off that horse they were riding since Trump stole the election.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version