Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159499 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Random Thoughts Thread
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:08:04 am »
I haven't seen anything like this in any of the subforums I frequent (if something like this exists, please delete).  Post any random thought you have that you just want to get out there, but doesn't fit well with existing threads and isn't really worth starting a new thread for.

I miss how you could always feel when a TV was on.  I always liked it.  New TVs don't do that.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 12:40:53 am »
I wonder how far you could stretch the average human? 

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:21 am »
(Stolen from Coquette) A prostitute sells sex, a whore sells integrity, and until you understand the difference you don't get to call someone either.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:56:25 am »
I haven't seen anything like this in any of the subforums I frequent (if something like this exists, please delete).  Post any random thought you have that you just want to get out there, but doesn't fit well with existing threads and isn't really worth starting a new thread for.

I miss how you could always feel when a TV was on.  I always liked it.  New TVs don't do that.

Huh. Now that I think about it, so do I.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:37:23 am »
Someone tell Evolution that humanity needs another pair of arms, 'cause two ain't enough.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 08:13:17 am »
Someone tell Evolution that humanity needs another pair of arms, 'cause two ain't enough.
And while you're at it, would you mind giving us a better sense of smell?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:19 am »
Prehensile tail would be really cool and useful.
(click to show/hide)

But the extra pair of arms thing is actually even higher on my wanted list than the tail.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 05:49:39 am »
Prehensile tail would be really cool and useful.
Though it would make wiping a complete bitch.

Anyway, it's somewhat unsettling to think that pop culture as it is now will be considered retro in the very near future. It's a "reminder of my own mortality and how life is fleeting" kind of thing.

On the other hand, I do look forward to the day that "swag", "selfies", "hating on" and hashtags go out of style, and hope against all probability that whatever replaces them isn't quite as obnoxious.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 10:57:32 am »
Pay politicians according to how well the economy is doing in their district. Then they'll have a reason to try and help things along, or at least not deliberately screw things up, aside from drumming for votes.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:02:24 am »
Pay politicians according to how well the economy is doing in their district. Then they'll have a reason to try and help things along, or at least not deliberately screw things up, aside from drumming for votes.
They would deliberately screw it up alright. Namely, by stimulating the fuck out of it when it's already in the boom part of the boom/bust cycle, thereby setting it up to crash in the most spectacular manner possible in the very near future. Kind of like what Bush did, only even worse.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 01:47:21 am »
It's been a long time since I've seen or heard anyone use a bug-zapper.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 11:53:52 am »
New idea for legislation: anyone who campaigns to lower the minimum wage is required to live off the minimum wage for no fewer than thirty days. The same requirement applies for anyone seeking to lower benefits for veterans, the elderly, low-income families, etc.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »
Lately, I've been examining the utter pile of technical dog feces that was Gettysburg: Armored Warfare and thinking about a fantasy setting with similar concepts. Really, the visual aspect of the game design was amazing.

So I thought, the Civil War with rayguns and pulp science fiction elements. A cabal of scientists in Europe discovers the secrets of the aetheric fuel of Phlogiston and uses it to create wondrous machines in 1800, discoveries copied on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Thus, by the time the local tensions break out, the Civil War is fought with the machines of your grandfather's pulp mags.

The standard-issue Union longarm is the Springfield model 1861 Ray Flinger, a powerful energy weapon that flings phlogiston bolts at high speeds towards a target. However, it's lack of accuracy makes it a matter of luck to hit anything beyond 600 yards.

On the Confederate side, the Sharps Wave Rifle is far more accurate with it's focused ray of contained energetic aether that will literally send anything it hits flying apart into it's component molecules. However, mechanical failures will result in the same happening to the user and anybody in the radius of the detonation.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »
Stolen from imgur:

If the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus, and Jesus is the Lamb of God...

Does that mean Mary had a little lamb?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 01:18:16 am »
Stolen from imgur:

If the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus, and Jesus is the Lamb of God...

Does that mean Mary had a little lamb?

That joke is so funny that it needs two thumbs up.

Unfortunately, the only such picture is from this Mountain gardener. So here, two green thumbs up for you Sirius:
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!