Author Topic: Suicide and possible shooting in Coweta, Oklahoma school.  (Read 2203 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Suicide and possible shooting in Coweta, Oklahoma school.
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:54:22 am »
Well, I guess it's my responsibility to report this as it's in my backyard.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=20956907&catId=112042

What I've heard from my fellow classmates right now is that the kid was bullied and shot the bully before killing himself, but the bully supposedly survived. This is all currently heresay, so take it with a grain of salt.

As usual at my school in Beggs, the comments are suitably interesting. My science teacher said they should have at least made sure they finished the job before shooting themselves. My classmate I've nicknamed "Hitler" in my F&B thread said bullying is bullshit and kids just need to toughen the fuck up and beat the shot out of their bullies, and if they're weak they should surprise attack them with a 2x4. Hitler also just said it was probably a fat Indian kid that shot himself.

More news as I hear it. There was apparently a press conference at 10:00, but I haven't heard what was said in it yet. And no, this in no way changes my opinion on guns.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

Re: Suicide and possible shooting in Coweta, Oklahoma school.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:27:07 am »
You stay classy, America.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:53 am »
You're science teacher sounds like a charmer
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
My science teacher said they should have at least made sure they finished the job before shooting themselves.

As tragic as this event is, I kind of agree in part.
If you are going to bring a gun to school, and shoot the person that was causing you grief, you really should make sure you at least get the job done properly before you go and off yourself. As outsiders we can all be grateful because the victim will hopefully survive. However, one would think that one would make sure their last action on earth was at least done right.

I wonder about the psychology behind events like this.
I know that bullying can push people to extremes. I just don't understand attempting to kill the bully, and then committing suicide. Unless, the original plan was just the murder, and the suicide came from a realization of what he had done and he felt overwhelmed by remorse and fear and chose suicide as a result afterwards and as a spur of the moment action. Planning things like this does not make much sense to me. One would think dying with the one who caused you such torment to push you to action like this would be a repulsive concept.

It is such a pity one can never ask the people who commit suicide what they were feeling and thinking. What their plans and perception of events were.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:42 pm »

I'm really getting sick of these shootings,  people need to calm the fuck down, and get some fucking help...

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:20 pm »
My science teacher said they should have at least made sure they finished the job before shooting themselves.

As tragic as this event is, I kind of agree in part.
If you are going to bring a gun to school, and shoot the person that was causing you grief, you really should make sure you at least get the job done properly before you go and off yourself. As outsiders we can all be grateful because the victim will hopefully survive. However, one would think that one would make sure their last action on earth was at least done right.
I... had to reread this twice before I could tell that no, this isn't as fucked up as it looked like please on first impression. In the future please formulate your posts so that they look less like you'd prefer the victim to die.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »
Yla: Well met, fellow Razgriz. With that out of the way:

A thousand times over, I hate stories like this. I hate the bullying and the sense of helplessness that leads to stories like this, I hate the teachers who let it happen, I hate the "guns are the only way out" mentality of the shooters or the bullies. I despise the fact that it was happening under the noses of so many, and they did nothing until after the fact.

*sighs* "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam was a warning, not a damned role model!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 03:32:51 am »
Anyone got a link that confirms that he shot someone beforehand? The one the OP provided only talks about the suicide.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.