Author Topic: The lead-up to the 2018 midterms begins  (Read 36804 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: The lead-up to the 2018 midterms begins
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2018, 05:26:31 am »
I have a pretty low count since I don't even watch the young turks that much. I can't tolerate Cenk and don't want to give him clicks because of the whole Armenian genocide thing.

Funny thing is some right wing fundie in the yahoo comments section once told me I was a dumb libtard that watched too much TYT. This was like 7 years ago and I was like 13 and had never heard of them before.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2018, 09:34:54 am »
I have a pretty low count since I don't even watch the young turks that much. I can't tolerate Cenk and don't want to give him clicks because of the whole Armenian genocide thing.

This is not an opinion of a TYT fanboy; I see them as an overrated and flawed organization that despite its flaws still has a positive effect as a whole. Cenk especially is in many ways an annoying dumbass but the Armenian genocide denial is at this point a pure smear. He has acknowledged that it happened and admitted having been ignorant about the issue but that doesn't prevent trolls from bringing it up constantly.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2018, 05:22:59 am »
It's still pretty awkward considering he still never changed the name even after acknowledging it. Because the Young Turks (the original ones) were the people responsible for that. I get that the channel is known as TYT but re-branding shouldn't be too much of a problem considering they have like a million or more subscribers who would understand why a name change was sorely needed.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2018, 01:02:55 am »
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/the-radical-lefts-agenda-is-more-popular-than-the-gops.html
https://www.dataforprogress.org/polling-the-left-agenda/

Apparently, the agenda of the "Radical Left" is pretty darned popular.

At least, according to a survey done by YouGov Blue commissioned by Data for Progress, so make of that what you will.

I'd love to see this repeated by other organizations to see what the results would be.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_EGrVZ_cWQ

Kyle Kulinski is a racist and a sexist.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:34:13 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2018, 09:22:47 pm »
How?

Ironbite-love to see this.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2018, 10:16:10 pm »
How?

Ironbite-love to see this.

How what?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:15 am »
You made an accusation, back it up.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:45 am »
You made an accusation, back it up.

What accusation? The one about Kulinski being racist and sexist? I'm practically quoting him; watch the video.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2018, 03:51:44 am »
Identity Politics has been used by the establishment to divide and diminish the other ideas on the left.

I see nothing sexist or racist in the video. McFeminism legitimately is just pandering garbage covering up harmful and corrupt governments and corporations.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2018, 03:59:02 am »
Identity Politics has been used by the establishment to divide and diminish the other ideas on the left.

I see nothing sexist or racist in the video. McFeminism legitimately is just pandering garbage covering up harmful and corrupt governments and corporations.

Agreed.

But then I agree with Queen at least insofar as trusting those who read my posts to tell when I'm being serious and when I'm being tongue-in-cheek. I think my views are, to quote Hitchens, "tolerably well-advertised".

EDIT: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-progressives/#interactives-poll

There's an interesting poll about support for, particularly, single-payer health insurance in the US: even a majority of Republicans support it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:36:23 am by dpareja »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2018, 05:26:26 pm »
https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-elections-republicans-preparation-investigations-180abf7b-0de8-4670-ae8a-2e6da123c584.html

Congressional Republicans are really, really worried about all the investigations Democrats could do if they retake the House; not just of Trump and the administration, but of them, too. (For instance, why are they blockading election security measures?)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35164/senate-fast-tracks-trumps-judicial-nominees-dems-hank-berrien

On the other hand, the Democrats appear to have traded eleven appointments (including seven lifetime federal district court seats) for 85,000 pages on Brett Kavanaugh.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:15 pm »
Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out saying she was groped by Abraham Lincoln.

--Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC 5th), during a debate in his district for his re-election campaign, when asked about Dr. Ford's accusations of attempted rape against Judge Kavanaugh.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2018, 06:54:39 pm »
TRUMP'S SENILITY IS SO BAD ITS INFECTIOUS!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2018, 07:38:57 pm »
They're really not trying to win over women voters are they?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2018, 07:54:24 pm »
Oh, and the NRA is running out of money.

Thoughts and prayers, everyone!